Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Complete Lack of Cusotmer Service

Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Bahman
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Complete Lack of Cusotmer Service

I have been a customer of Nitroplanes since they started here in U.S. While I completely appreciate that, given their price points, I can not expcet the level of support that i can get from say a company like TowerHobbies [link]http://www.towerhobbies.com[/link], I do expect a basic standard of customer service from any supplier. Unfortunately this seems to be completely lacking at Nitroplanes.

I ordered several products from them (Servos and some TREX parts) on February 11. Obviously these were in stock at the time. Received an email from them on 2/12 saying the servos were out of stock and would be availalbe in 4-6 weeks. Fair enough, i emailed them back and requested that they send me the in-stock TREX parts and i will wait for the servos. Got a response back on 2/13 saying we will have someone contact you ASAP. So I waited, waited and waited some more.

Absolutely no contact from Nitro. Having waited now for the 4-6 weeks for the new stock to arrive and still having not heard a word, I contacted Nitro again on 4/1, and received the standard and now familiar and totally worthless response (and this is a copy and paste from the email, not my words)

Dear Customer,

We shall have you someone contact you on the issue ASAP

And of course not unexpectedly, no follow up. I have no problem waiting for a part to arrive from overseas on a slow boat, you can not always get everything immediately. However, what is wrong with these people that they can not even honor their own statements of contact or re-stock in 4-6 weeks.

Nitorplane when can i expect the items that i ordered and you charged me for immediately and have not delivered in nearly two months?
Old 04-05-2008, 06:46 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Complete Lack of Cusotmer Service

I dont know , its seems so mixed up , some guys rave about the servace and then you have all the problems , one thing for sure there inconsistant !!!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Inconsistant to be sure, it's as though you see a post one week and they're the next best thing to sliced bread, then the next you get posts like this one! I know as for me given the amount of negative posts I'd be foolish to spend my money at NitroModels. Why would anyone shop at a place that appears to have a very poor customer service track record (probably one of the worst in the RC World if a survey where to be taken)when they have available to them a whole world "literally" at their fingertips? Kinda hard to feel any sort of empathy for any future customers of NM's that have problems--Not referring to Bahman in the previous sentences! If it were me I would've lost patience with them by now and canceled the order, good luck with your situation.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
nitrostaff1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

can I have your order number? sorry for the incovience.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

can I have your order number? sorry for the incovience.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes

Thanks for the quick response John, i am usually very patient but this has been the last resort due to lack of response.

Order Number: 322872
---------------------
Quantity Item
12 52G TowerPro MG995 Digital R/C Servo
1 CNC Precision Tail Set Pro
1 T-Rex 450 Hop Up Parts: CNC Metal Main Rotor Holder
Old 04-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: blueline

Inconsistant to be sure, it's as though you see a post one week and they're the next best thing to sliced bread, then the next you get posts like this one! I know as for me given the amount of negative posts I'd be foolish to spend my money at NitroModels. Why would anyone shop at a place that appears to have a very poor customer service track record (probably one of the worst in the RC World if a survey where to be taken)when they have available to them a whole world "literally" at their fingertips? Kinda hard to feel any sort of empathy for any future customers of NM's that have problems--Not referring to Bahman in the previous sentences! If it were me I would've lost patience with them by now and canceled the order, good luck with your situation.

I do like NP's products, they have good pricing and when something is in stock, in my experience, the service has been good. The unfortunate thing is, in these days of web competition giving customers the ability to shop on price and quality, a little bit of service coupled with the large choice of quality products really does give you an edge.

It is sad to have a market and customer base and then lose it because either you can not be bothered to look after your customers or you just don't care. One thing that makes all the difference is attitude. You can have a lot of customers one time or a lot of customers for life and the key difference, given that a lot of these products are available from many different sources on the web, is how you treat your customers.

As an example, i have been buying products from Aeromicro (www.aeromicro.com) here in northern california. The owner, Perry, will not sell you stuff simply to sell. He really cares about your experience as a customer not just in his store, but also with the products he sells. You should see the store, people drive a long way to get there just because of the quality of service and the attitude of staff even though all you may be buying is 50 cents worth of screws.

There is no reason why an Internet Store should be different, you may not be interacting physically with people, you are still going through a purchase experinece that will determine whether and how often you may come back.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:25 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well the southern cal guys and all there past internet names have had a difficult past on ebay , glad to see Johns responce but it should never get to this point .
I think Nitro has great planes and with the new relationship with CMP it should only make them stronger but the same one single problem seems to be in every post that has a problem , its all about COMMUNICATION .....and the lack of ....

That being said , maybe its a skelton staff and John has a ton of follow up , I know there prices are great but how do you buy in confidence when you may know you have a problem that will take for ever to fix ???
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
nitrostaff1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Bahman,

I'm sorry for the hold up but we did send an email notifying the situation. We are still out of the servo but would you consider another serov. The part t001 and t014 is ready to ship out. Let me know what would you like me to do?

John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Bahman,

I'm sorry for the hold up but we did send an email notifying the situation. We are still out of the servo but would you consider another serov. The part t001 and t014 is ready to ship out. Let me know what would you like me to do?

John
Nitro Planes
Thanks for the follow up John, as i advised your staff via email before this post, I don't have a problem waiting for the servos to arrive. They are actually very good servos. What i did ask was, can you guys at least send me the parts that are available. So yes please send me the available parts and i will wait for the servos to arrive. Just a little bit of communication was all that was needed to address this. I would appreciate hearing a fresh ETA for the servos since it has been 8 weeks or so that they have been out of stock.

Looking forward to hearing form you,
Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
nitrostaff1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok I'll send you the aluminum parts and back order the servos. USPS 420951249101805213907428182780

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok I'll send you the aluminum parts and back order the servos. USPS 420951249101805213907428182780

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Thank you John, your help is much appreciated. If you get a chance please give me an idea of when you expect the servos to arrive....
Old 04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John wanted to say thanks the parts arrived yesterday. Hope to hear from you soon about the ETA for the servos.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
nitrostaff1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you and will send you the servos once back instock.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
flyfish28

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi...... Don''t mean to butt in, but I have been looking at a couple of planes from "Nitro". Never anything in STOCK, months now! Maybe they should take the SOLD OUT models off their web site!
THANKS
Old 04-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Bahman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyfish28

Hi...... Don''''t mean to butt in, but I have been looking at a couple of planes from "Nitro". Never anything in STOCK, months now! Maybe they should take the SOLD OUT models off their web site!
THANKS
or at least give an idea of when stock is expected....
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyfish28

Hi...... Don''''t mean to butt in, but I have been looking at a couple of planes from "Nitro". Never anything in STOCK, months now! Maybe they should take the SOLD OUT models off their web site!
THANKS
An "on order" will suffice for those items that are going to be restocked at some point.

I do NOT want them removing the sold out items if they plan on restocking, in case I am interested in one of those planes and would care to wait.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
flyfish28

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree...... If Tower Hobbies can post an expected dates!!!!!!!! Some pages show well over 50% "Sold-Out" and a couple of the planes I was hoping to purchase have been Sold-Out from last year? Thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've had bad customer service with Nitro Planes a lot in the past too. The only time I ever hear from them is when I post it on the forums. After that, Nitro Planes responds rather quickly. But I don't hear a word when I don't complain on the forums. Sounds like you had the same experience. It was such a headache dealing with their customer service, I just stopped buying from them. I think these guys should take the "100% guaranteed" customer service off their website, because it's pretty much a lie. I've read so many complaints on the forums about these guys that I know I'm not alone. You definitely don't see the complaints rack up this much against the other vendors.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This forum is kind of funny, it reminds me of a bunch of moths flitting around a lit candle.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:00 AM
cleanup44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I WILL HAVE TO AGREE ABOUT THE SERVICE.. I HAD A DEFECTIVE PART ON THE CESSNA 182 WHEN THE WING SNAPPED OFF IN FLIGHT...ALLUMINUM SPAR SNAPPED... THEY SAID THEY COULD DO NOTHING BECAUSE THEIR WARRANTY ONLY LASTS 30 DAYS... I TOLD THEM IT TOOK A LITTLE LONGER TO BUILD THAN 30 DAYS...THEIR RESPONSE WAS THATS THE WARRANTY AND THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO....ALL I WAS LOOKING FOR WAS A REPLACEMENT SO I COULD DO THE INPROVEMENTS...NO LUCK..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99398.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	936518  
Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 AM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think it's funny that the build time on most of their arf planes says 3-5 hours. That's not way possible. The Corsair which I got from them, which is the last plane I'll ever buy from them, can never be built in 3-5 hours. There is so much drilling and measuring, it's impossible. Maybe 10-15 hours will do. It's the most work I've ever spent on an ARF.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: twinbrother

.. can never be built in 3-5 hours. There is so much drilling and measuring, it's impossible. Maybe 10-15 hours will do. It's the most work I've ever spent on an ARF.
Show me an ARF manufacturer ( OK there are a couple ) that correctly state the build times.

10-15+ hours is typical for me with ANY arf...

My relatively easy to build GP UCD took 2-3 hours just to get the wrinkles out. 2 hours to get the cowl cut. 6-8 additional hours to assemble, and this w/o including the time where the epoxy was drying.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cleanup44

I WILL HAVE TO AGREE ABOUT THE SERVICE.. I HAD A DEFECTIVE PART ON THE CESSNA 182 WHEN THE WING SNAPPED OFF IN FLIGHT...ALLUMINUM SPAR SNAPPED... THEY SAID THEY COULD DO NOTHING BECAUSE THEIR WARRANTY ONLY LASTS 30 DAYS... I TOLD THEM IT TOOK A LITTLE LONGER TO BUILD THAN 30 DAYS...THEIR RESPONSE WAS THATS THE WARRANTY AND THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO....ALL I WAS LOOKING FOR WAS A REPLACEMENT SO I COULD DO THE INPROVEMENTS...NO LUCK..
PM John about all of this.

He's much more helpful than the "on-line" chat people and those who answer the phone.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:02 AM
cleanup44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the reason i stated that is not everyone can blow 300.00 + at one time to get everything that is needed for the complete assembly..it took awhile to get this built so it took sometime..redrilling holes epoxy dry time and ordering parts to complete it...
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What was the defective part that broke? It would seem like to me you would have noticed the possibility of a weak part and questioned some person for advice. I do not think you can gripe about getting a replacement. Its the builders responsibility to check for bad parts in a airplane before flying it. Just my opinion.... Capt,n[:-]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.