Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Lou IV Mustang Retract problem

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Lou IV Mustang Retract problem

Old 08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
MrEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lou IV Mustang Retract problem

According to the instructions of this particular model, the retract servo is supposed to be mounted a specific way... however the way they say to do it just wont work, either because the servo is too tall or the linkages bind on the wheel inserts.
if there is anyone who has this airplane and can shed some light on the subject...I need help
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Lou IV Mustang Retract problem

You need to get a "retract" servo. They are the exact same size as your normal servo, except not as tall.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Default RE: Lou IV Mustang Retract problem

I beleive this plane is similar in construction to the Marie version that they sell. If so, download a copy of the Hangar 9 version of the 60 size P-51 mustang and insert the retract servo as shown in their instructions. That's how I did it and it worked fine. I believe I had to enlarge the holes in the sheeting to fit the servo and also mounted the servo 90 degrees from what is shown in the Nitro instructions. Basically just like the Hangar 9 plane.
Hope that helps.