Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

USA V4 Electric - Bad Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

USA V4 Electric - Bad Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Royersford99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USA V4 Electric - Bad Transmitter

On Monday August 18th I purchased the 2 Channel USA V4 Electric 939-6-V4-Plane
Twin Motor Aircraft Ready to Fly!!. It arrived today and I quickly realized the transmitter is broken. I inserted 2 new sets of batteries and cannot get a power light. Kind of a bummer - I am new to the hoby and wanted to play around tonight. how do I get a new transmitter? My order number is: Order Number: yhst-17210252890263-52126
Old 08-26-2008, 04:57 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: USA V4 Electric - Bad Transmitter

Please try the following when you insert the 8 AA batteries they are jointed in series. Please make sure all the connection on each ends of the battery are tighly connected. Please make sure there are no plays in between.

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Royersford99

OK, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, or an idiot. I did not realize the battery holder came out and that there was a "backside" to the compartment. I guess if you only install 4 batteries it naturally will not work. Your note trigger one of those "ah ha" moments and after looking at the insturctions for the hundredth time, I realized how big of an idiot I was in this instance.

Thanks for your timely reply and assistance. I will see if this flies in the morning.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Royersford99

UPDATE: I am not sure what the issue is. I have all the betteries in the transmitter. I turn the transmitter on and I get a solid red light completely full. I plug the charger cable to the transmitter then to the plane and I get the blinking light signifying the charge process. Once complete, I turn the transmitter on, then the plane, hit the power-up and no response.

Not sure what is happening now. But I am frsutrated.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
nitrostaff1

do not plug anything into the charger plug of the TX because that is used for tested only at the factory. Do no charge your batteries on the TX. You must start your TX first and have the trottle lowered all the way down and then power on the plane. did you charge the battery for the plane?

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: Royersford99

UPDATE: I am not sure what the issue is. I have all the betteries in the transmitter. I turn the transmitter on and I get a solid red light completely full. I plug the charger cable to the transmitter then to the plane and I get the blinking light signifying the charge process. Once complete, I turn the transmitter on, then the plane, hit the power-up and no response.

Not sure what is happening now. But I am frsutrated.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Royersford99

John-

Yes, I charged the plane battery. At least I plugged the jack into the TX and then the plane and watched the red light come on and then go off after a while. When I plug the jack in again, the light does not come on, leading me to believe the battery is charged. I even pulled the battery out of the plane to make sure it was connected to the internal wiring. I do not rechargeable batteries for anything, so I have brand new duracell batteries in the TX. When I power up the TX, the red power light comes on - the throttle is powered down, I turn the plane on and power up and NADA.

Can you authorize a Return Authorization? Or, can I swap this for a replacement. I will try the other plane on Friday and see if it works.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 AM
nitrostaff1

alright rma issued.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Royersford99

Are you emailing me the RMA#? Or is it just in the system at Nitro??

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
nitrostaff1

the rma information and the instruction on how to return the product has been sent.

John
Nitro Planes