Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Fishy?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fishy?

I have already complained about such a poor qualiyt Yak that I recieved, and Nitroplanes issued me an RMA - BUT they want me to pay for shipping back. I checked with UPS and UPS wants $75 to ship it back. I checked with UPS and Nitroplanes listed the box weight as 1 lb. Which it isn't. More like 30 lbs. UPS stated that something was fishy with the shipping of this box.

Nitroplanes only charged me $27 to ship the plane which is dirt cheap for shipping a box this big.

So my question is......How does Nitroplanes get away with listing a 30 lb box as 1lb and only paying $27 for shipping?

The UPS rep was curious on this also. He thinks that Nitroplanes is purposly listing the weight low and the boxes are slipping past the system. He gave me a numbe to call if I wanted to pursue this furhter.

I can't pay $70 for shipping back on a plane that cost $300. So why can't Nitroplanes issue me a UPS label for a return RMA? Oh, for the $27 that I paid to have the plane shipped to me?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM
vrhoward1122
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fishy?

I think you were being fed a little crap from the UPS rep also. It is strange that Nitroplanes would list the shipping weight as 1 lb. UPS however does charge different rates for businesses who ship a lot every day and for the private citizen who ships infrequently. The rate can vary greatly.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

The UPS rep did mention preferred rates and incintivs, but he thought that the rate difference was excessive. The thinking was that Nitroplanes purposly lists the weight as 1 lb and it if gets by the UPS system, well it only costs $27 to ship the item. I have a UPS account and do ship quite a few items via Ebay, and her at RC Universe. The dimensions of the box and the shipping weight of 1 lb does work out to be around $30 or so.

This is a great thing for Nitroplanes - who would want to pay $70 shipping for a $300 item - and then to get a very sub standard product?

The UPS rep really didn't care to much about this package as it had already been delivered, etc. But it did peak his interest and he suggested if I wanted I could pursue it further.

All I know is that if NitroPlanes can ship if for $27 they can print me out a return shipping label for the same and email it to me. I would be happy to afix it to the damaged an substandard model and ship it back.

I have had shipping damaged products from QQ Aircraft and Aeroworks. Each time they filed a claim with the shipper and sent me a new airframe (QQ Aircraft) and a new wing (Aeroworks).

NitroPlanes wants me to pay full shipping charges to send the damaged plane back. This is not shipping damage. The plane packed and received exactly as shown in the photos.

Here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95919.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1047262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22692.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1047263  
Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 PM
opjose

Sigh...

The 1lb entry is what is accepted by the online label generator...

Dunno why anyone would get worried about this, as long as your not being shortchanged...

You should ask for a replacement part for what was damaged, at no cost to you. This is fair.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
nitrostaff1

there's nothing fishy about this. Our label generator always put 1 lb on the label. When the package arrived at a station the actual weight and size actually gets recorded on the UPS system. UPS will replace the 1lb value with the newly recorded weight so that's what UPS bills us.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes