Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

NITRO EXTRA 300S

Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
wanabelikeyou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITRO EXTRA 300S

REALLY THOUGHT THE PLANE WAS WELL WORTH WHAT I PAID FOR IT. THE ONLY QUESTION/PROBLEM I HAD WAS (1) PUTTING A BLIND NUT INTO THE ALUMINUM ANGLE PIECE INSTALLED FOR THE LANDING GEAR, ( NO INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED) ENDED UP USING NYLON LOCK NUTS. (2) A REAL WINNER, INSTALLING THE COWLING. IT WILL NOT FIT OVER THE NOSE OF THE FUSELAGE FOR DRY FITTING TO FIND ANY CUT OUT POSITIONING ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
opjose

Default RE: NITRO EXTRA 300S

I assume you are talking about the .60 Extra 300S.

I had no problem getting the cowling onto that plane, however it is a tight fit.

The first time I did it, it appeared as if it would not fit.

You'll find that in order to install the muffler through the muffler tunnel at the bottom you'll need to cut out some of the cowl.

When you do this the sides will expand, allowing the cowl to slide in place.

If the cowl were originally made larger there would be far too much of a gap.

BTW: Use a .75 engine on that plane for great performance.

I have a SuperTigre .60 on mine and I wish I had installed the .75, though I am not unhappy with the plane at all.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 AM
wanabelikeyou

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY. SENIOR MOMENT I FORGOT TO MENTION IT'S THE 90 SIZE EXTRA 300S. I'M GOING TO USE A SAITO 100. IT DOES'NT LOOK LIKE IT WILL NEED THAT BIG OF A CUT OUT TO HELP WITH THE FLEX. I WAS THINKING OF CUTTING SOMETHING OUT OF THE REAR BOTTOM AIR SCOOP AREA, BUT THAT WOULD EXPOSE BARE WOOD FROM THE FUSE INDENT. IT SEEMS LIKE SOME CUTTING SOMEWHERE IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL FLEX ENOUGH TO FIT IT .
Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 AM
flyboytha1
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: wanabelikeyou

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY. SENIOR MOMENT I FORGOT TO MENTION IT'S THE 90 SIZE EXTRA 300S. I'M GOING TO USE A SAITO 100. IT DOES'NT LOOK LIKE IT WILL NEED THAT BIG OF A CUT OUT TO HELP WITH THE FLEX. I WAS THINKING OF CUTTING SOMETHING OUT OF THE REAR BOTTOM AIR SCOOP AREA, BUT THAT WOULD EXPOSE BARE WOOD FROM THE FUSE INDENT. IT SEEMS LIKE SOME CUTTING SOMEWHERE IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL FLEX ENOUGH TO FIT IT .
On The Landing Gear I Hand To Pre-Drill A Smaller Hole Than The Screw I Was Going To Install, The Langing Gear Is Super Strong. I Wish Most Planes Had This Plate In There. Even Thongh Mine's Set Up For Eletric Here's The Vid To Watch

Below Is The Link To Watch Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4Y3tj36OA