Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Good Experience with nitro staff

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Good Experience with nitro staff

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Richard058
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Experience with nitro staff

I just thought that I would throw my 2 cent worth in. I have been in the R/C model airplane hobby for over 45 years and have had experance with all sorts of people in the hobby, mostly good such as the local hobby shop owner who would sell me kits as a kid, and allow me to pay him a $1.00 a week without intrest till payed off, (1962) the man is 96 years old now and still comes to the flying field. Then there have been others that have sold junk and would not even respond to questions. Over the past 3 years I have bought 6 Nitro planes (warbirds) and have been impressed with the workmanship in all of them. They are not for the inexperanced who have not worked with high wing loadings, and truefully the instructions come up very short. None of the planes that I have ordered came with any damage although the outer shipping boxes sometimes looked like someone and worked them over with a weedwacker. that is untill I ordered the new ME-109 and found that the left wing had some how been crushed on the leading edge, I was worried about how the Customer service would respond, lets face it, we have all read some negative things about their service. I have to say all my fears were unfounded and I found them to be helpful and Informative and have always keep me updated on progress.

Many thanks to the staff and personal at NITRO PLANES and Happy Holidays

Richard Allen
AMA 114545
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Good Experience with nitro staff

I know the feeling. I have purchased 8 planes over the past 12 months or so from Nitroplanes and have only had one (So far) place with issues (No shipping damage but rather poor workmanship from the factory where they dropped a lump of glue inside the Ducted fan shroud of the Exceed F4 Phantom at the factory and I didn't catch it until after picking up all the pieces of foam and electronics from the fan blades expanding due to the centrifugal force and contacting the glue causing the fan to stop and the phantom to fall from the sky) I was nervous about contacting them about this because a) I was out of the country at the time and b) everything I had seen here.
After contacting John (Nitrostaff1) a compromise was come up with and after I had gotten back into the US, I sent the electronics and fan back to them and they sent a different type of plane as a replacement (I lost faith in the quality of workmanship of the Phantom and didn't care for another). Once they got the broken parts back they sent the replacement out. Exactly what I wanted and excellent quality.
I have chatted with the online staff and have found them to be less than helpful and have even been given grossly misled by the same person twice on the same subject! I have also actually managed to get thru on their phone number and found that guy to be rude and misleading as well, but John makes a poor experience tolerable and even enjoyable.

George
Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 PM
yetti831

John took care of me as well. I received a defective charger, and he sent a new one out to me the next day!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM
outdoorhunting

We hear about all the problems that Nitro has. I wonder how many they sell with no problems? Myself,I ordered from them on the Saturday after Black Friday & figured they would be way to busy to give good service. Sunday night I got the order conformation, Monday AM I got the tracking #, I got email from UPS Mon. evening that is was in their system & I would recieve the plane Fri. It don't get any better than that. When I got the plane,it was perfect!! Even the instructions were good. They showed the CG & had all the throws listed !!! Thanks Nitro !!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 PM
nitrostaff1

Thanks

John
Nitro Planes
Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 AM
sfsx21

I had a defective ESC and landing gear on my 70mm F-18 gray and John got me a new replacement at my from door within 2 weeks!!!!! Wow! good pricing and good good service.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
opjose

As is typical the squeaky wheels get the most attention.

Unfortunately a couple of these keep coming back to these forums and posting the same thing over and over again.

This gives a bad and inaccurate impression to newbies.

Then there are those who pick up on it and echo everything again, sight unseen.

Give the amount of Planes NP must sell in a given week just to stay in business, they must be doing SOMETHING right.

I've been please with all of the planes I've purchased from them, and thanks to the low prices, they have been MANY.

My biggest complaint about NP?

That they keep coming out with new planes I'm interested in faster than I can put them together!

Good job John!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
jb6789

I just purchased a RTF F4-E from NP. As a first-time purchaser, I wish I had the same aforementioned & positive experience. Before assembly, I read/followed the brief instructions, reviewed some forum's & watched a few you-tube clips from three different RC experts. I took my time to assemble the plane...took me about 2.5 hours. Charged the battery, setup the transmitter, servo's, etc. etc. When I gave throttle to the motor/fan, I quickly realized from the intermittent vibrations and grinding type noises coming from the plane that something was not correct. I unplugged the battery to take a closer look. After searching sites for good pictures of the motor, I discovered this RTF F4-E was delivered with a motor that did not have a rear plate. In other words, the journal bearing/aft mount to the shaft, which sits at the center of this rear plate was non-existent. This, in turn, caused the shaft to move off-center-line. Of course, within seconds the ducted fan seized. Bottom line,. the RTF is an overpriced Not-RTF decoration. Customer service has been consistently helpful and pleasant...though the motor is out of stock for two weeks (minimum) and follow-up from technical service concerning disassembly/reassembly and the necessity of a new fan/fan housing remain outstanding issues[]. Did I mention that I will also be charged for parts shipment. I was about to order a Mig-29 even before assembling the F4...not anymore. So this mean looking Jolly Roger has never made it out of the house. As a former Navy guy, I'm tempted to order some Air Force gray paint to cover up the embarrassment.

Screw me once...shame on you... ...Screw me twice...
Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
opjose

You received a plane with a problem it seems...

Contact John here about this ( pm him at nitrostaff1 )... this may be quicker than their "support" staff.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
jb6789

RE: Good Experience with nitro staff (NOT)

I got in touch with a few people at NP, including John. It was agreed that I pay US$10 in additional shipping charges to my overseas home address as the original order was delivered to my US holiday address. The replacement parts were unfortunately dispatched to the US (incorrect) holiday address; NP paid US$4.95 and I was charged the US$10 to my Visa. Now I will have to arrange for the shipment to my overseas home address on top of that! Unbelievable. With the US economy in the tank...you would think customer service in a discretionary spend / retail business would be important. Clearly not the case here.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 AM
nitrostaff1

Let me know how you much it cost to ship to swiss and I'll pay you back on that one.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: jb6789

RE: Good Experience with nitro staff (NOT)

I got in touch with a few people at NP, including John. It was agreed that I pay US$10 in additional shipping charges to my overseas home address as the original order was delivered to my US holiday address. The replacement parts were unfortunately dispatched to the US (incorrect) holiday address; NP paid US$4.95 and I was charged the US$10 to my Visa. Now I will have to arrange for the shipment to my overseas home address on top of that! Unbelievable. With the US economy in the tank...you would think customer service in a discretionary spend / retail business would be important. Clearly not the case here.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
opjose

And once again he comes through...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
jb6789

Dear "opjose"...yes...ALLs WELL THAT ENDS WELL. John at NP did come thru. The parts made it to me (I did have some work to do but it was fun). NP was fair. Bottom line, I bought another plane! THX all.[8D]
Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 AM
kid chuckles

WTG John Nitro needs a few more of you.