Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Batttery replacement for F35

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Batttery replacement for F35

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:43 PM
tooltimetim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batttery replacement for F35

I have just purchased a F35 and I wanted to upgrade the battery pack. It comes with a 1300 mAH 11.1 V cell3 ..When i looked it up to order it thaey offer a 15C ..Is this correct replacement? How much performance improvement can I expect? How much more fly time?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:57 PM
yetti831

Default RE: Batttery replacement for F35

I believe you can fit an 1800mah in there, but it appears that nitro planes is sold out of them.

They're cheap and I hear very good things about them. But, I defer to opjose. He's the aurthority. I'm sure he will respond within a few hours. I would not purchase anything before you speak to him, as he has the F-35 and has put different batteries in it.

In the mean time, check these out. [link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7344&Product_Name=Rhino_1750mAh_3S1P_20C_Lipoly_Pack]Rhinos[/link]

Oh, man. Just ordered a 20c 3s 2200 zippy for 25 bucks!

&

one of these, of course. Too bad they tack on an extra 10 bucks when you purchase from the USA warehouse.

[link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7373&Product_Name=Turnigy_Accucel-6_50W_5A_Bal/Chrg_(USA_Warehouse)]Charger[/link]
Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
tooltimetim

I am new at this so can anyone help me understand what batteries are compatible with the F35 It has a 1300mAH 11.1 V 3 cell and I want a better performing an longer fly time battery.. I dont think you can go up in the voltage but what can I use to improve in a cost effective way.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:12 PM
opjose

The plane comes with 1300mAh batteries rated for 18C.

They test out to 18C with bursts to 20C.

However the plane draws MORE than the battery produces!!!!
This is NOT a good thing as it causes the included packs to get very WARM to HOT, which cuts their lifetimes.

I would suggest purchasing either 1500mAh or 1800mAh 20C 11v packs. DO NOT GET ANYTHING LESS than 20C!!!

These will exceed the motor's maximum draw which is something you WANT.

They will also produce longer flight times.

Though the 1800mAh packs are a bit heavier, the plane flies just fine with them.

Your biggest problem will be to get them to fit.

THEY DO FIT!!!

Cut out the plastic at the top ( it is on top if the plane is upright, or bottom if the plane is upside down ) of the battery compartment.

There is plenty of room above this for the longer 1800mAh batteries.

This space IS NOT used for airflow. It is just empty space.

After you install the larger pack, try to rebalance the plane.

I had to move the receiver a bit to get it rebalanced.

BUY TWO identical 1800mAh 11v 20C LiPo packs when you purchase them.

Why?

Because a matched set of LiPo batteries can later be used in serial or parallel modes on other bigger planes.

1800mAh 20C packs are also usefull with a whole bunch of different planes, so you'll be glad that you've gone for two of the higher capacity packs.