Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitromodels Inc. BAD SERVICE

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitromodels Inc. BAD SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
tailer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitromodels Inc. BAD SERVICE

I have tried to contact you at least 6 times now, and I am getting very impatient with your company.
This Co. is impossible to work with, they don't return phone calls and even the live chat is a joke!!My order # 17210252890263-61749 (yak 54 red) As I have explained in previous e-mails the canopy for this plane was scratched in the kit. The rest of the kit was fine. I tried to fix the scratches but just made them worse. I am not looking for a discount or refund at this time, I simply want a replacement part shipped out immediately so that this plane can be finished as it was a gift for someone. I have enclosed a picture here along with this e-mail of the part. I am willing to pay the cost of the replacement part and the shipping. What I am not willing to do is wait an unreasonable amount of time. I have read some of the posts on R C Universe and am starting to become concerned about your customer service. Your ads clearly state 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If this part is not now in your possession, please remove one from a kit and send it out immediately to me. When you parts arrive you can then replace the one removed from the kit. It is in no way my fault that I received a damaged part and should not have to wait an unreasonable amount of time for a replacement part. My alternative is to dispute the charges and return the entire kit to you. I prefer not to do this as we both would loose out that way. I am sure in the future that the occasion will arise when I will need to order new planes and/or parts from you again. I would like to think that I am dealing with a reputable and courteous company, however as stated when phone calls aren't returned you can see how customers may in turn be frustrated. Again I am not looking for something for nothing. I simply want the part shipped out as soon as possible.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Nitromodels Inc. BAD SERVICE

PM John. He would be your best bet..
Old 12-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Ram Jet

I've seen so many negative posts that I just had to check out nitroplanes.com. I know their problem, they have Ed Zachary disease. Day edzacary too crose to Rel -A. It's a disease running rampant around L.A. Also known as "Surf's Up" disease. Edzachary!

Bill[X(]
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 PM
yetti831

You've seen so many negative posts because this is the ONLY place to post negative posts. Out of the thousands of people they sell to, you might get one or two people complaining here every two weeks. Not bad for any business.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I agree with yetti...good products at a great price. You can have it Fast, You can have it Right, or you can have it Cheap, pick any two Sir when placing your order...!!! Fortunately with about 10 NitroPlanes in my stable, I got all 3 items with each order...

PM John here, he will take care of it...!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:31 AM
outdoorhunting

I agree. I have 3 Nitro Planes & not the first problem. It seems like about half of the complaints are from guys that are just jumping in.They don't even have a plane from Nitro. You know, the " I heard that they had poor service" comments. Johnseems to do a pretty good job. I for one would buy from Nitro again. !!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
richie8475

from what ive seen of nitroplanes.com, they are excellent in every way, i received my order fast, when i got it it had a break in the wing, so i emailed them, and got a shipment notification 2 days later, then got a new wing, by ups in 3 days, have to say i have never seen better cust. serv. anywhere
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
tailer1

Then you have not seem much
Old 12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
yetti831

Also, the people complaining here SEEM to be people who are just starting out in the hobby, and it is no surprise that you should not be purchasing an EDF as your first plane, especially given the fact that EDFs need to be balanced and sometimes sanded down.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM
opjose

But I - HAVE -.

As stated PM John here.

If they do not have the plane in stock, then you may have to wait a while for a replacement part.

Ask John if the part is available.

If he says no, ask about an exchange for something that IS in stock.

He'll do it. But his hands are tied if he does not have access to something.

He is quite willing to break open and ruin a perfectly good plane to please a customer who received one with a missing part.

However if he doesn't have it available then he must await the Chinese shipments, which are not always forthcoming.

PM him, and wait a couple of days for a response.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
tailer1

As I have stated I have PM John, I will give him the couple of days . I am not new to RC just to Nitroplane, I'll sit back and wait a couple of days and see what happens.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:13 PM
opjose

I haven't seen him check in, the last couple of days, but usually they get fairly busy this time of year.

Usually when you see activity here from him ( nitrostaff1 ) he gets to the PM's.

Let him know that you had problems getting this resolved before... and also about your phone calls.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: yetti831

You've seen so many negative posts because this is the ONLY place to post negative posts. Out of the thousands of people they sell to, you might get one or two people complaining here every two weeks. Not bad for any business.
Yup.

And given the nature of some posts ( none in this thread however ) I do pity what they ( NP ) have to go through at times.

Not to discount anyone that may experience a REAL problem, there are a good percentage of these posts that stem from people who have little experience with RC.

I feel bad for the uninitialed buyer as well, but they often come in with the unrealistic expectation of having purchased something akin to a toaster, that will be plug and go.

When someone suggests that they should have checked out their plane first AFTER they crash, they then take offense...

With the low cost of these planes, NP gets an unusual amount of novices looking for bargains, who do not realize there there is more to this hobby...

On one of the other threads I've been trying to talk someone out of flying the F-35 as their first plane, ( as have many others )... but we KNOW what will happen.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM
kid chuckles

Just scrolling down the main page and saw some of the one or two complaints lol. There are so many more I can't even count them. But one or two a month rofl.
NITRO INC BAD SERVICE
NITRO PLANE
NEW BATT, NOT WORKING
F18 BLEW APART
EXCEED LANDING GEAR WRONG
BACK ORDER AT TIME OF PURCHASE
You guys help alot yourselves PM JOHN

Bad customer Serv.
Bad inst.
Bad hardware
Bad cheap lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 PM
opjose

The week wouldn't be complete without yet another comment from "the kid".

-

Happy New Year Kid!

How are ARF sales?

Good I hope!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
nitrostaff1

No problem will replace your canopy ASAP.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: tailer1

I have tried to contact you at least 6 times now, and I am getting very impatient with your company.
This Co. is impossible to work with, they don't return phone calls and even the live chat is a joke!!My order # 17210252890263-61749 (yak 54 red) As I have explained in previous e-mails the canopy for this plane was scratched in the kit. The rest of the kit was fine. I tried to fix the scratches but just made them worse. I am not looking for a discount or refund at this time, I simply want a replacement part shipped out immediately so that this plane can be finished as it was a gift for someone. I have enclosed a picture here along with this e-mail of the part. I am willing to pay the cost of the replacement part and the shipping. What I am not willing to do is wait an unreasonable amount of time. I have read some of the posts on R C Universe and am starting to become concerned about your customer service. Your ads clearly state 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If this part is not now in your possession, please remove one from a kit and send it out immediately to me. When you parts arrive you can then replace the one removed from the kit. It is in no way my fault that I received a damaged part and should not have to wait an unreasonable amount of time for a replacement part. My alternative is to dispute the charges and return the entire kit to you. I prefer not to do this as we both would loose out that way. I am sure in the future that the occasion will arise when I will need to order new planes and/or parts from you again. I would like to think that I am dealing with a reputable and courteous company, however as stated when phone calls aren't returned you can see how customers may in turn be frustrated. Again I am not looking for something for nothing. I simply want the part shipped out as soon as possible.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:54 AM
kid chuckles

Good OP how you doing? Have a good Christmas? Hopefully the New Yr. will be better. See ya around Nitro Buddy.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: kid chuckles

Good OP how you doing? Have a good Christmas? Hopefully the New Yr. will be better. See ya around Nitro Buddy.
Best wishes for the New Year!

May your planes never crash, may the wind be low, and may your flying days be beautiful!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Got yur Canopy...now...??
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 PM
ah64

Do not buy at Nitroplanes.com they are completely worthless!!!!!!!!!! On hold for 59 minutes and was hung up on then called back waited 30 more minutes to tell me they have no idea where my order is that was placed on 12/27/08 paid $60+UPS ground for nothing.
Well I canceled the charge off my bank card and if it shows up now It will be FREE!!! Thanks Nitroplanes.com for screwing over your customers!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:25 PM
opjose

If you did not get an e-mail as soon as you completed your one line order, then it never went through and was not charged to your card.

In either case, a failed order entry is only a reflection of a mistake on someone's part... not one on the planes they sell.

Keeping a plane if sent, represents who screwing over who?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
ah64

Its all business anyone can put up a Online store and sell what ever they want.. you better have the ability to back up what you sell and how you sell it to people. Selling an rc plane or helicopter takes minutes but making the money to pay for it takes the customer hours. Fair is Fair. Screw me I screw you...[>:]
Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 PM
flaminheli

I have a good feeling that the satisfied customers out number the unsatisfied ones. So in all fairness, all that are unsatisfied please post your name and address and I will personally spend my own money to purchase each and everyone of you a nice juicy pacifier and have it express shipped to you
Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 AM
outdoorhunting

I'd love to see posts from satisfied customers of Nitro. I had my own business for over 20 yrs. As hard as I tried,I couldn't satisfy EVERYBODY !! And you're right flaminheli, there were some that,I think actually thrived on having a problem. & there was DEFENITLY a few whinners.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 AM
flaminheli

I deal with customers on the daily basis. The customers I deal with are not spending $200.00 on a plane, they are spending over $60,000.00 for a service. So you can imagine what kind of nickpickers I have to deal with. There are a few that you just cannot satisfy no matter how hard you try. The guys on here that just want to complain have probably just tried one purchase and have made it a life's destiny to try and give a hard time because of one bad purchase. Well I have been purchasing from TH for years and I have had my share of bad experiences with them, but the good outweigh the bad so I continue to purchase from them. They made every bad experience into a good one by correcting the problem just as John does for NP. If some of these people would give NP more than one chance I am sure the good experiences would outway the bad. But if they want to keep crying, my offer still stands for the pacifiers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.