Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Exceed RC J3 Piper Cub Clevis

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Exceed RC J3 Piper Cub Clevis

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 AM
rcarteraz07
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC J3 Piper Cub Clevis

I am looking for some clevises that will work with this model. I can't seem to find them anywhere and I would really like to get this plane back up in the air. If anyone knows where I can find some or has some they could sell to me or something, please let me know. I went to my local hobby store but they didn't have any small enough.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
opjose

Default RE: Exceed RC J3 Piper Cub Clevis

You can use these:

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJGT4&P=7]Click me![/link]

But IMHO the BEST way to do it is to use these...

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAHE6&P=7]Click me![/link]
Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
rcarteraz07

Will they fit? They look kind of big. Also will it add too much weight. The ones that come with it are just plastic.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
opjose

These are the MICRO sized connectors.

The pictures do not give a sense of scale, they are VERY tiny.

And no they do not add an appreciable amount of weight.

The EZ connectors permit you to adjust the linkages easily which is why I suggest using them.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
rcarteraz07

And you know for sure that they will fit on my Exceed RC J3 Piper correct? I am sorry for sounding so hesitant if you will but they guy at the hobby shop sold me a set saying they would work they were too big!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
opjose

I cannot give you 100% assurance that everything will just snap in, so to speak.

However yes they will fit, with some work on your part.

The clevis I listed has that gold end cap, which gets affixed to your existing pushrod.

You may have to solder it in place, which is the easiest way to do it, however you must be very careful to have the pushrod at the right length.

If the pushrod is too short ( see below ) this may be easier for you if you do not already have the proper tools...

-

The EZ connectors are much simpler to install... but it requires that the existing pushrod be LONGER than what you may have in place already...

If you level the controls and control surface, does the control rod extend beyond the horn by at least 1/4" ?

If so you will have no problems installing the EZ connector..

If not, you will have to replace the control rod with a longer one... typically you make your own using a wire bending tool.