Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Exceed F-18 just arrived damaged!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Exceed F-18 just arrived damaged!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed F-18 just arrived damaged!

ORIGINAL: ohnoucdat

Wonder why no other reputable company has a forum on RC Universe?
They have and they disappear quickly because it opens them to all sorts of strange allegations from people who are at times out to get something for nothing, or others who jump the gun, so to speak.

There have been numerous such forums here, and all quickly fall away with nothing but complaints NO MATTER THE COMPANY.

Strangely N.P. keeps at it and keeps trying.

What people such as "ohnoucdat" keep missing is that the number of problematic postings here is comparitively MINIMAL and normally boil down to a few handfuls.

Search for people complaining about Horizon, and Tower ( both good companies too, in terms of post sales corrections of problems ) and the sheer amount of posts would make one believe that they are both horrible... when they are not.

N.P. has indirectly underscored any problem and opened themselves up to the bashing often seen here by a handful of individuals, while other companies have just given up with RCU "support" ( and at RCG ) forums as a result of the same.

Don't believe me? Try searching ...

In contrast to those never resolved complaints N.P. seems to do a very good job.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: scousethief

Sorry there opjose but ill think youll find your slightly wrong , im pretty sure theres a law in nearly every country regarding sales that states if something arrives not as described or not fit for its purpose the retailer is at fault NOT the customer , in this case the item is not as described.
No actually you are confusing the wording of warrantees with UCC code, the two are not the same.

I said nothing about being charged for the replacement , more the fact that the same item would be sent back.
The "complaint" was about shipping costs, which as you've seen in John's posts, N.P. covers.

Ive been reading the forums and the problems on here , the track record is not a good one.
People can see what they want to read into things.

Count the number of unresolved problems here, which are VERY few and compare that with the volume they must do just to stay in business.
They must be doing something right and keeping people happy.

You've purchased one item.

I've close to 40 planes from them now. Had I had any unresolved problems, I would not be posting in their support.

They are batting 1000% with me.

So either I'm very lucky ( fat chance! ), get special treatment ( even bigger fat chance since often they don't know it's me ordering! ), or someone HAS acted to deal with anything that has arisen...

If you search back a year or so, you'll see MY posts where I too PANICed after receiving a screwed up order. I did so after paying far too much attention to a couple of naysayers here...

I'm still buying planes and anything I can get from them... just maybe because the price is right and I've been treated FAIRLY.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 AM
scousethief

Hmmm funny how that offer wasnt made until more people started asking what was going on , read the 2 threads before answering with your pathetic excuse for support, its now what most would call "backing down" that offer should have been made in the first place. Selling shoddy goods and hiding from your responsibility is bad business practice , thankfully this is now highlighted on my forums to stop people buying from their site.Bye
Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 AM
kid chuckles

OP that is what I was wondering also. Why was that not already done. It is a fact that more than a few complain here and unlike myself are not the same folks complaining about the same thing. It is constantly different people and just imagine the ones you don't know about that don't find this support forum. It is you whom have said many times the call line for support is useless, but that is how they intend people to get help. This forum is according to you the only recourse folks have to get help. But if they don't know about it then what do you expect they end up with or what they end up doing. I would bet most just give up and Nitro really profits off those that do.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:47 AM
outdoorhunting

Jeesh,scousethief, are you still whinning? John took care of your problem, it looks like. Get over it, it seems NP messed up (maybe)) & if you're honest about it, you could've probably handled it better (maybe) !!! So big deal, it seems everything is working out they way you wanted. MAN UP, if you're STILL not happy. Just don't buy anything from them again !!!!!!!! Bashing them after they took care of the problem, just makes you look bad !!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Jabird73

Strange because to normal people it appears a little like this

Q Hi you sent me something that doesnt work what should i do ?
A Send it back to me at your own expense.

Q Why ? why are you asking me to return something to you that you supplied broken at my expense ? i am now out of pocket because of you.
A Yup

Q Can we sort this out ?
A Yup send it back to me at your expense , ill hold it for a few weeks , tell you its fine, then bill you for its return. Thankyou have a nice day.

I took the time to read the forums before ordering There were 2 guys complaining with the same problem and as far as can be shown neither is finallized. Take your money and run company. Definate case of Caveat Emptor.

Exactly my point.

Outdoor, 3 things.
Its not your battle
Be quiet
C your way out of it. There is nothing wrong with the plane, its assembled. How am i gonna RMA back an assembled plane. I did nothing to my plane. Ive been doing this for nearly 30 years. So SHOOOOOOSH.....
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 AM
outdoorhunting

Hehehehe!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 AM
outdoorhunting

You made my point , thanks !!! I believe one of your threads stated" I checked out the forum before ordering,there were 2 guys complaining with the same problem". If that is what you found & went ahead & bought the plane. You have nobody to blame but yourself !!!!!!!!!!! So, you SHOOOOOOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nitro offered to settle the deal, soooo, stop whinning !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 AM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

What people such as "ohnoucdat" keep missing is that the number of problematic postings here is comparitively MINIMAL and normally boil down to a few handfuls.

In a way your right, Tower and HH have problems at times also. I myself don't deal with HH because of there Customer service or I should say so called CS. There is more than just a handful with NP and seems when the problems are brought up here NP comes running then and only then do they do anything. Np not only lacks in customer service but in business ethics also, selling others designs is just sorry in my book. In favor of HH atleast they sell a decent plane and engines but if you run into trouble your on your own. So "opjose" that handful as you say is 1000's from what I've read. I can't believe I'm gonna do this NP seems to be trying a little harder on there so called customer service but doesn't change the fact that they are stealing and selling other ppl's designs, so don't bash a guy who has a legitamate complaint, if it were you I bet you'd do the same.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Jabird73

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

You made my point , thanks !!! I believe one of your threads stated" I checked out the forum before ordering,there were 2 guys complaining with the same problem". If that is what you found & went ahead & bought the plane. You have nobody to blame but yourself !!!!!!!!!!! So, you SHOOOOOOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nitro offered to settle the deal, soooo, stop whinning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoken like a true observer!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 PM
outdoorhunting

Whatever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
nitrostaff1

Jabird73
see my pm to you. I'll exchange you with another unit.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: Jabird73

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Spoken like a true observer!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
opjose

Selling shoddy goods and hiding from your responsibility is bad business practice , thankfully this is now highlighted on my forums to stop people buying from their site.Bye
Interesting how now a "problem" has turned into "shoddy goods".

I THOUGHT you had a problem you were trying to resolve?

Apparently that is not the case even after John tried to fix things for you.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
opjose

There is more than just a handful with NP and seems when the problems are brought up here NP comes running then and only then do they do anything.
Gee I wonder what "support forums" are for then!!

Np not only lacks in customer service but in business ethics also, selling others designs is just sorry in my book.
Oh PLEASE, now it's the "other designs"...

I guess your referring to the QUiQUE thread. You must have not read all the way through that thread... a certain idiot didn't realize how Chinese OEM's swiped QUIQUIE's design and sold his "design" to some vendors, including NP, AK-Models, Texas-RC and others, yet that "person" elected to blame NP for all of this...

Sigh...

So "opjose" that handful as you say is 1000's from what I've read.
Yeah right.... try searching... you can count them here...

It's amazing that any company would air their laundry this way...
I'd never do it simply because of the likelyhood of people posting mis-information.... as a few have done...

I can't believe I'm gonna do this NP seems to be trying a little harder on there so called customer service but doesn't change the fact that they are stealing and selling other ppl's designs, so don't bash a guy who has a legitamate complaint, if it were you I bet you'd do the same.
No, you have that WRONG, and in the QUIQUE thread you were told this OVER AND OVER AGAIN, whi

The CHINESE manufacturer that QUIQUE had build his design did this to him, NOT NP.

Please get this straight!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:24 PM
opjose

There is nothing wrong with the plane, its assembled. How am i gonna RMA back an assembled plane. I did nothing to my plane. Ive been doing this for nearly 30 years. So SHOOOOOOSH.....
That should have been brought to John's attention... that you cannot send it back because it's already together...

He always tries to make things right if you give him a chance to do so.

From the looks of it, he's still trying. Hopefully he'll get you sorted out.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 AM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

opjose

I have my facts straight, it's not just the QQ plane, do a little research and some fact finding. I could care less where they got any one's designs, they know it yet the continue to sell it. That is a thief to me. Question do you work for NP? I guess your counting is about as good as your fact finding, because it's more than a few, I hope your getting paid well. Other companies don't have to air there laundry here, they don't have these problems.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 AM
outdoorhunting

How would you know if the other companies don't have problems? Myself, & others that follow this thread, just get sick and tired of people bashing a business that is doing a pretty darn good job taking care of problems. I have 3 of their planes & they are a good product. I don't work for NP & I don't think opjose does.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
kid chuckles

Well if not he should rofl. Like the man said do some looking the rest of us have. One CS rep. can't be all they have but seems to be that is great CS now. Cause we all know from post by the ones that defend Nitro that calling there tech or help line is useless. Wtg ohnoucdat you tell them.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Jabird73

See guys here is the thing. John knows the plane was already together. But he wants the RMA satisfied. I fixed the motor and I got rid of the servo. that fixed 2 of the problems. Now I just want the ESC and RX mainly. If he throws in a battery then so be it. I doubt if he will. At least I can recoop some of my loss. I already pumped another 45$ into this plane out of my pocket on top of the 200$ I spent on it. <- this is the principle. I stand behind it. But I am being pushed to my breaking point so I am saying I'll be happy with a ESC and RX. But John STILL wants me to RMA the plane back.. I dont get it. And yes he should have offered to RMA a return label with postage paid. Thats how most companies handle their business. But that was not the case. I still would have had paid a ridiculous amount to ship it to them. Remember I am a residential client. I don't have any strings with UPS or USPS. So my cost would be huge. I don't understand the issue with NP and my defective parts. It is clear as glass.

But I am glad to see some people finally standing up and saying something. I wish more would.

John, I know you will read this. Just send me a ESC and RX. You have my order number. A replacement battery would be nice but I doubt if you will send that. I don't doubt you are good at NP, you do replace alot of stuff. You break into boxes to fulfill the 100% satisfaction. Thats golden. I don't know why mine was bad. It was what it was.

Thats it, thats all, I am at my breaking point. I rest my case.
I will buy from NP again, just never anything RTF. I told you I want that Falcon 120 for a turbine. I will buy one.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
opjose

I have my facts straight, it's not just the QQ plane,
You do not have your facts straight. I wish you did.

I could care less where they got any one's designs,
Then why mention this as a problem?

they know it yet the continue to sell it.
Get your facts straight.

It was pulled, and what they sell is NOT the one talked about in that thread.

That is a thief to me.
And that is actionable slander...

I hope your getting paid well.
Thank you I do, but not by NP.

Other companies don't have to air there laundry here, they don't have these problems.
WRONG AGAIN!

They've tried it, and removed the forums because of posts like yours.

At the top of this ARF area alone there used to be many such support forums, all of which have disappeared due to the relentless bashing companies received.

Even the vestiges of AK Models and others are still visible... I guess you haven't looked.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Jabird73

ORIGINAL: opjose

That should have been brought to John's attention... that you cannot send it back because it's already together...

He always tries to make things right if you give him a chance to do so.

From the looks of it, he's still trying. Hopefully he'll get you sorted out.

He did know that.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
opjose

He did know that.
Maybe, and maybe with the PM's and other things he must get saddled with, he overlooked this.
Given my experience with him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

Anyway it seems like he issued a return label & RMA.

Hope you get flying!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
SteveC68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to say that John sent me the replacement part and I had it in less than a week after I made the first post!

Thank you John!!!!!