Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

F4 Phantom Aileron linkage

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

F4 Phantom Aileron linkage

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM
tbolivar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4 Phantom Aileron linkage

Hi

I recieved my F4 Phantom over the Christmas season and I'm missing the two Aileron to servo, plastic threaded shackles". I assumed they where in the plastic parts bag the wheels, hardware and parts, etc where.

I searched through the box and other bags but not there. How can I get these two simple little parts or can I fabricate?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
opjose

Default RE: F4 Phantom Aileron linkage

The provided CLEVISES tend to be fairly loose.

This looseness causes slop in the control surfaces, making it more difficult to control the plane.

Forgo them and pick up some micro clevises from Dubro.

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJGT4&P=7]Click me![/link]

The bronze part gets soldered onto the wire, and the plastic clevis gets screwed into that.

On the other side of the pushrod, use a "Z" bend if you are making your own pushrod though you should be able to use the provided ones.

You can also use something like this ( just make SURE you get the micro sized versions! ), which I prefer because it makes adjusting things so easy...

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD927&P=7]Click me![/link]

But a bit of blue thread locker is a must for those.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
tbolivar

Default RE: F4 Phantom Aileron linkage

Opjose

Why couln't I remember that part name? Clevis.....

I had the same thought about fabricating two small threaded pins, and using cap-lock nuts to secure.

Very small, @.032"-.041".

Thanks for the link.

Tony