Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Exceed-RC F/A

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 PM
C_bug22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed-RC F/A

So I got the Exceed-RC F/A-18C Hornet as a christmas gift for an RC enthusiast. First flight was a huge disapointment. Once it got off the ground it would not respond to the controler. We had done a range test and everything prior to flight. There wasn't anything around to cause interference. We chalked it up to bad luck after bareley peicing it back together. We tested everything again, even a very far range test just to double check for any possible issues. The next couple flights were seemless and performance seemed great. However a couple days later a minute into flight the plane stopped responding again and flew off into the distance and never returned. I am EXTREMELY disapointed in the quality of the electronics. The person who flew this is not a beginner and always did pre-flight checks. This plane didn't even last a week! For the price of the plane I would expect more. I couldn't seem to find any policy for any refunds or guarantee of product. I'd really like some kind of assistance with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem before???

-Cortney
Old 01-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Jabird73

Default RE: Exceed-RC F/A

Good luck. I have been going back and forth with John on here trying to get some defective parts replaced. I have serious issues with NP right now. John(nitrostaff1) offer's all kinds of replacement parts to everybody else. Except me. I guess he thinks I am trying to screw him over. Just for spite, he will probably replace your plane to rub it in my face. He wants me to RMA the plane back but it is already assembled. I just want mt 3 measly parts replaced, ESC, RX and Battery. Thats all.

I haven't even flown my plane yet, I found these parts bad on testing. So I say to you Good luck.

By the way go ahead and read some of my posts.

I don't know why John wont replace my parts. Over the past years he has always replaced other people parts. Why am I different.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
nitrostaff1

what's your order number? I can have you return it for exchange.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: C_bug22

So I got the Exceed-RC F/A-18C Hornet as a christmas gift for an RC enthusiast. First flight was a huge disapointment. Once it got off the ground it would not respond to the controler. We had done a range test and everything prior to flight. There wasn't anything around to cause interference. We chalked it up to bad luck after bareley peicing it back together. We tested everything again, even a very far range test just to double check for any possible issues. The next couple flights were seemless and performance seemed great. However a couple days later a minute into flight the plane stopped responding again and flew off into the distance and never returned. I am EXTREMELY disapointed in the quality of the electronics. The person who flew this is not a beginner and always did pre-flight checks. This plane didn't even last a week! For the price of the plane I would expect more. I couldn't seem to find any policy for any refunds or guarantee of product. I'd really like some kind of assistance with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem before???

-Cortney
Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
C_bug22

"...couple days later a minute into flight the plane stopped responding again and flew off into the distance and never returned."

There's no plane to return except the remote. Everything stopped responding while in flight. We tried to find it, but at full speed who knows where it went.

Order # yhst-17210252890263-62632
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Jabird73

Cant wait for this one..... Standing with arms folding and foot tapping.....
Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
C_bug22

Dude come on... this is my issue, not yours. At least you have a plane to return.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
opjose

The most likely reason for the failure is a loose crystal, or bad contact with the crystal retainer on either the TX or RX.

That the plane sailed off into the distance indicates that the ESC and electronics kept functioning w/o a controlling signal, so the plane kept it's last attitude and throttle setting allowing it to continue to fly.

FYI: Taping the crystal in place after removing and re-installing it, helps to avoid this kind of thing.
The removal and re-installation helps make better contact... this has been documented on several threads here as well.

It would REALLY be above and beyond the call, for John to replace it for you... though he is very good about things.

PM him here.

Let us know how it goes...