Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

UPDATE: John is very helpful

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

UPDATE: John is very helpful

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Mike in Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: John is very helpful

I have tried for several days to get help from Nitroplanes. I sent an email, which generated an automatic response suggesting I try the help forums. It also contained a phone number that is totally useless as it is ALWAYS busy.

Here is my orginal email to nitroplanes.

Order: yhst-17210252890263-67684

I bought the following item just a few weeks ago:
HC-Hobby Electric 4 HC102-FA-18-Hornet-Blue 1 179.95
Channel F/A-18 Hornet
64mm Electric Ducted Fan
RC Jet 100% RTF Blue
Version

The motor has stopped working after only 5 flights, all with the supplied
battery. Can you contact me about a replacement, please?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: Need help, not impressed with Nitroplanes support so far

can you make sure it's not the ESC. Are your servos working? If you spin the motor on the shaft, is it binding? Can you provide us with more details?

John
Nitro Planes

Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Mike in Texas

The ESC appears to be working, as there is power for everything else. The motor attempts to turn but merely glitches, or spins a few revolutions at very low RPM before stopping. The fan spins freely, can't seem to get my hand in to turn the motor.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
nitrostaff1

RMA issued You can send the motor back and I'll make an exchange for you since everything else is working fine.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Mike in Texas

John,

I received the email. Thank you for your help and quick response.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Mike in Texas

John,

Thank you for your help. In removing the motor to send back to you I found a connector from the motor to the ESC that had not been soldered very well and come undone, a simple fix. There is nothing wrong with the motor so Iwill not be sending it back.

Thanks again for you help.

Mike
Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Sllimg

I'm not impressed either. I bought the Blue Angels F-18 Version 2. First time I throttled it up, the cone came off and tore up the fan. Nitroplanes responded quickly and sent another fan, but then I discovered the battery won't take a charge. I haven't even flown this plane yet and the battery gets an error every time after about 30 seconds on the charger. I've tried it on 3 different chargers. I sent an email and got a "non-response" telling me to visit this support forum. This is my first plane from Nitroplanes and thus far, I'm not impressed. I didn't want to spend another $50 to get this plane flying, but I didn't want to haggle with them for weeks either. I went ahead and ordered the fusion series battery to replace the "bad" one that came with the plane, but if this is the level of support they have, I won't be buying anymore planes from them.

JGM
Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
nitrostaff1

no problem if the battery is not working I'll replace them. can you measure the voltage of the battery at the voltmeter and let me know.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: Sllimg

I'm not impressed either. I bought the Blue Angels F-18 Version 2. First time I throttled it up, the cone came off and tore up the fan. Nitroplanes responded quickly and sent another fan, but then I discovered the battery won't take a charge. I haven't even flown this plane yet and the battery gets an error every time after about 30 seconds on the charger. I've tried it on 3 different chargers. I sent an email and got a "non-response" telling me to visit this support forum. This is my first plane from Nitroplanes and thus far, I'm not impressed. I didn't want to spend another $50 to get this plane flying, but I didn't want to haggle with them for weeks either. I went ahead and ordered the fusion series battery to replace the "bad" one that came with the plane, but if this is the level of support they have, I won't be buying anymore planes from them.

JGM
Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
flyboy12
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: UPDATE: John is very helpful

Hey John, I bought the airfield F 18 from you guys a few months ago. I really enjoyed the jet until I sucked up something into the fan and tore it up. That was a month ago and every time I try to get a replacement fan or the intire edf unit I keep getting told that they dont know when they will be back in stock. Can you shed some light on this problem and maybe see when these will be in stock? I would hate to go somewhere else to buy my stuff, cause I have always got my planes and stuff from you guys. Thanks Frank