Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

ESC Manual for 70mm Red Viper V2

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

ESC Manual for 70mm Red Viper V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESC Manual for 70mm Red Viper V2

I am still looking for the correct programming manual for the ESC that came with my 70mm F-18 Red Viper V2 plane.

I have used the manual referenced here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8513915/anchors_8513915/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8513915]How long do the Nitro EDF's last???? [/link]
But the ESC does not respond with the same tones or confirm settings. Here is a link to the [link=http://site.exceedrc.com/resource/product/volcano_esc_manual.pdf]Exceed Manual[/link].

Even at startup, the Volcano ESC Manual says you will hear – 123, then a beep for each of the number of batteries and then a long tone. The ESC with the V2 Red Viper just starts – 123 and Beep, Beep; then stops there.

When I tried the programming, here is what it sounds like when I set the throttle stick to High or reverse the channel on start-up:

123 – 3 seconds
123 – Beep (this repeats 4 times every 2 seconds)
123 – Beep, Beep (again repeats 4 times)
123 – Beep, Beep, Beep (repeats again)
This goes all the way up to 6 beeps in a row, repeating 4 times each. Then it goes back to 123 – one beep.

If I move the stick back down after any one in the series, for example trying to change the startup mode, the ESC just goes 123 – Beep, Beep then nothing. Just like when you first plug in the battery.

So, these sounds and signals do not match the Exceed Volcano ESC Manual. I would love to use this ESC in another project (since I have it left from the F-18), but cannot confirm any settings (voltage cut-off, brake, even battery type) and don’t want to risk another plane.

Is there a β€œNEW” Manual??
Is there a correct manual for this ESC or a different brand ESC Manual that will work??
Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM
TEBerg

Default RE: ESC Manual for 70mm Red Viper V2

I spent most of the day looking for ESC's and which one may be included with the V2 electronics..

I'm pretty sure the ESC is the same or vary similar to the Suppo Model 50A ESC..

Here is their web site: [link=http://www.suppomodel.com/]Suppo Home Page[/link]

If you look at the 50A specs, the description matches AND - when you start up the ESC and check the programming everything matches...

Also, the UBEC shown on their site looks just like the one that came with the V2 plane...
Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Jabird73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats exactly what it is. The only difference is that the suppo is an opto. the output wires to the rx are soldered different. I HIGHLY recommend that you ditch the supplied BEC and put a seperate one on there. Also be careful because the output "red" to the rx has 12vdc to it. so make sure to cut, or take out the red pin from the plug that connects to the rx.

I have 7 suppo ESC's, not including the one in my 70mm f-18 from Nitro. The one that came with it was bad. But John replaced it. In my opinion for the money they are the best ever. I have had 2 bad out of the box, but I hooked em up to the scope and found the bad parts, and fixed em.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:56 PM
TEBerg

Thanks for the confirmation..

Mine is the 50A ESC that does not have a BEC in line.. It came with a completely different UBEC.

With luck it will work well in a Kadet MKII conversion.. At least now I can program it and change the timing if needed.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
nitrostaff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Tom.

John
Nitro Planes