Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Aircraft detail Ideas...

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Aircraft detail Ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 PM
rascal35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aircraft detail Ideas...

I recently bought the 70mm F/A-18 Jolly Rogers markings, and its awesome out of the box. Detail is qite good for a foamie. I decided to darken in the the mold grooves which are all over the plane, especially the wings. Since the plane is Gray, I thought it would look nice. I screwed up the glue job the first time with the wings, and had to order a new set, so I had a great test unit. I thought black pen would look good, but it was too dark. I went to a office supply store and looked for a gray ink pen and couldnt find one. Long story short, Sharpie has a fine point marker set that comes in these very dull, flat colors. There is no name for them, just item #30018. Blue Green Yellow Red and of course gray. I slowly filled in all the mold lines and circular panel areas and it looks great. The yellow marker was used to color the tip of the nose cone. Its a dull yellow, so it looks authentic as hell. So if you happen to purchase a gray colored aircraft, it will look much more detailed with this simple pickup. $4.50
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50856.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1160160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79374.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1160161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33013.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	45.2 KB