Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

f-16 fighting falcon ARF brushless info

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

f-16 fighting falcon ARF brushless info

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-16 fighting falcon ARF brushless info

I am interested in your pusher jet it says power with 500-800 watt brushless. could you be more specific with a motor recomendation and prop size, can you mount a regular apc prop backward. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67620.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1188966  
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM
opjose

Default RE: f-16 fighting falcon ARF brushless info

Heh, that's like asking what is the best car to drive... motor choices revolve around what you want to achieve and how you want to configure it.

Stating a 500-800 watt range is a good indicator of what you should ideally use.

Given 740 watts per HP ( there-abouts, as I forget the exact figure ), you are looking at about a .32 - .40 glow engine equivalent.

So one of these would work fine: [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/mo466brmo.html]Click me![/link]

You could also use one of these: [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/mo327brmo.html]Click me too![/link]

In your shoes I'd use the latter. Even though it is not as powerful, it has a higher KV rating, and is lighter weight.
That also means you would be able to use lighter 4S packs or two 2S packs in series to power it.

The motor could then turn a smaller prop at higher speed, giving your plane fairly fast flight if propped correctly.

And YES you can mount an APC prop backward. You cannot do this with a glow engine, but with an electric engine you can reverse engine rotation ( to deal with reversed props ) by flipping any two of the motor lines around.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM
kihei11

I'd like to see what nitroplanes recommended It sure doesn't look like a 46 or 32 size motor on the back of the plane, it has a 41 inch wing span weighs 3.5 pounds. There was little info on the plane. i'd probably run my e-flite 32 with 11x7 and 4s
Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
kihei11

They'd also listed a 25 amp esc as a related product,confusing since i'd run at least a 60 amp what do you think, thanks for your help, Randy
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: kihei11

I'd like to see what nitroplanes recommended It sure doesn't look like a 46 or 32 size motor on the back of the plane, it has a 41 inch wing span weighs 3.5 pounds. There was little info on the plane. i'd probably run my e-flite 32 with 11x7 and 4s
Nitroplanes doesn't really recommend anything. They merely sell them. Any specs are copied from the manufacturer's sites or manuals.

The motor pictured by the manufactured appears to be a fairly good size. I'd say that that motor is at least a 30-36mm diameter motor, which makes it about a .46 to .32 ( 800 watts ) equivalent. The prop they show also appears to be large, and the tips have been cut on landing scrapes.

And yeah I agree a 60A ESC is what I would use.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 AM
kihei11

Thanks again, after considering the specs and pictures, I got out my Tape measure and mapped out the size of the plane 46" long!!! the 41" wing span i thought small for my supersportster but large for a jet with a wide wing. so I'm gonna buy it and try it and post here since there is as yet no review again thanks.

Randy
Old 08-12-2009, 03:14 PM
theflyboy1

i got one of these and took it up a couple of days ago.what a terrible plane to fly!! the stated cg of 160mm from the leading edge is totally wrong!this plane was balanced as per said cg,but was nosediving and was difficult to rotate.what is the CORRECT cg?????
Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
theflyboy1

please advise on cg on f16 ep pusher.160mm is incorrect....plane is a real handfull to fly.nosediving and needs up-trim all the time..
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
opjose

I typically use the "that looks about right" method.

If the C.G. is wrong, the plane will fly poorly, but that does not mean that the plane is a "terrible plane to fly", merely that the stated C.G. is incorrect.... as often happens with ARFs.

Try moving it back to about 180mm for starters. Work backward slowly.

You also need a good bit of expo as well.

Make sure that at stick center there is a bit of up elevator ( this plane needs to drop the nose when it gets slow, or it will tip stall on you ! ).

Also make sure that the angle of attack of the wings is positive, that the leading edge of the wings is above the trailing edge when the plane sits level on the ground. It is easy to install the gear in such a manner that the plane has no positive AOA causing it to stick to the ground at run-up.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 AM
theflyboy1

thanks for the info.i will go and try your advise and see if this baby behaves better.my statement of"a terrible plane to fly" is realy how it was.once up,i had to get it down and that was a real effort in itself.you are right in the plane"sticking" to the tarmac,it did exactly that,so i will re-check all the points you mentioned.
thanks.