Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

F/A 18 EDF Receiver Ready Help Deciding!!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

F/A 18 EDF Receiver Ready Help Deciding!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
DSTUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/A 18 EDF Receiver Ready Help Deciding!!

I'm thinking about getting one of your 70mm EDF F/A 18's. I watched the RC Groups review and it claims you need to modify the ESC for the 14.8 V Battery. Is this true or not required with newer version?

Also I think I've narrowed it down to your F18 or the Sapac F-16. Of course parts and service are important!

What kinda flight times do you get from the F18 say with varied throttle settings.

Thank You for your help. Any input much appreciated in advance. This would be my second EDF I have the Foam version of the T45 Foxhawk.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
opjose

Default RE: F/A 18 EDF Receiver Ready Help Deciding!!

The new version has an external BEC already wired in, so no modification is needed.

With the included 2200mAh battery flight times are around 5-7 minutes.

I put in a larger 3750 pack in mine and this gives me the flight times I desire ( 10 minutes or more ).

With any EDF it pays to balance the EDF itself.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Vasy

How did you manage to balance with 3750, what did you do?
It is much havier battery, how well does it fly with the extra wait?
hanks

ORIGINAL: opjose

The new version has an external BEC already wired in, so no modification is needed.

With the included 2200mAh battery flight times are around 5-7 minutes.

I put in a larger 3750 pack in mine and this gives me the flight times I desire ( 10 minutes or more ).

With any EDF it pays to balance the EDF itself.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
opjose

To get the larger battery in, I cut the rear parts of the battery plastic "cage" out.

There is ample room within the fuselage for a battery of this size when you do so.

It places the larger back's center of gravity further back, so the only change to the c.g. was about 1/4" forward, which hardly effected the performance of the plane.

All I had to do was add a click or two of up elevator to compensate for the bigger pack.

I'm using Rhino packs which are not much heavier than the 2200mAh 14.8v pack provided. I believe the difference was 2-3 ounces.