Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY"some questions !

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY"some questions !

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:25 PM
crashallthetime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY"some questions !

Iam going to buy a 4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY" next month but i don't know about this plan very well. Does anyone know anything about this plane? What is it con and pro ? Is it fast or slow or else.......

To nitroplanes.com i could not find any replacement part for the 4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY" on your website, so when my plane crash ( as if i bought it already ) where can i find the replacement parts ? Is there any Li-Po battery that will improve the performance and flight time of the plane ?

Thank you for replying.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
opjose

Default RE: 4-Channel 64mm Rafale "NAVY"some questions !

From the sounds of your questions, it seems that this may be your first plane.

Is that true?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 PM
crashallthetime

I flied several plane already but they are not mine. Now i decide to buy one for myself. After buying this Rafale, i wil have plenty of time to find out what it need to fly the plane well, but now, can you tell me where i can find the replacement parts for it? How good is the plane ? ( your opinion ). Thank you !
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
opjose

The Rafael is a nice Delta type plane. It is not a speed demon, yet it is a fun flyer.

You have to set it up much like you would any Delta plane, with some reflex in the elevons.

The EDF should be balanced and broken in properly.

Cracks in the foam due to impacks can be fixed with ordinarly white ( Elmer's type ) glue.
These areas can then be filled as needed and repainted with oridinary testor's paint.

If you crack it up to the point that you think you need major parts, you may be better off just getting another plane... most smaller repairs are pretty easy to do.

You can improve flight times by using a battery of identical VOLTAGE, but higher capacity.
The plane comes with a 1300mAh 11.1v 20C battery but you can also install 1800 or even 2200mAh 11.1v 20C packs for much longer flights with less voltage sagging. Of course the extra weight of a 2200mAh pack slows verticals somewhat.

You say you've flown several planes which are not yours...

That means to me, that you have some minor experience, but have not flown a lot nor have yet certified at a club.

I would advise you to take a look here: [link=http://www.********.com/airplanes/wildhawkplane-about.htm]Click me![/link]

This is a much better choice for you.

Watch ALL of the videos about that plane, both about repairing it, upgrading it, etc.

It's an amazing but very inexpensive plane that can be easily upgraded to turn it into a very fast aerobat.

After you've mastered and upgraded something like that you'll be ready for the Rafale.

Delta planes fly differently than standard Aileron planes, and it is easier to get into trouble with them.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM
crashallthetime

I already fly the wild hog. It is my brother's plane. Because i know that i can handle the plane well when taking off or landing, i want to advance to another stage of RC. I like to try something that cool and a bit faster like the rafale. Based on what you said above, the Rafale does not have any replacement parts, and it really difficult to fly. What is the different between normal RC jet and the Delta wing like Rafale ? Can you make it more specific ?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 PM
opjose

ALL RC jets have NO airflow over the control surfaces when the plane is moving at slow speeds ( such as when you are landing. ).

Tractor or even pusher prop planes like the WildHog, have airflow from the prop, that let's you maintain control until the plane is fully down.

Novices get bitten by this, and will often stall small EDF's because they do not realize this.

They'll turn out of a headwind, and watch the plane tumble from the sky, because they didn't raise the airspeed to compensate. etc.

Delta's can also experience accelerated stalls, where the elevons become ineffective at high speed.

This tends to happen in a dive with power on. All of a sudden you find that the plane is going straight down at high speed and does not want to pull up.... again this bites novices who do not recognize this possibility and don't quickly back off the power to re-establish control.

etc.

I would not call the Rafael a difficult plane to fly, but I would say that you are better off progressing to a low wing tractor plane before you consider one of these.

I hope you are a club member somewhere?

Old 05-11-2009, 04:30 PM
september

Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
crashallthetime

Default RE: 4-Channel 64mm Rafale

Sorry for did not reply you. I was going out of country for 2 weeks. On my trip i had a chance to buy an cheap EF 2000 EDF of China. The plane lookes pretty well, and it flys well too. Ithink iwould buy the EF 2000 from nitro plane when i get back to America. But there are a few version of the plane on nitroplanes site. One of them is the 2.4 GHz. What is the different between the 2.4 and the others?And why the other planes were out of oder whilemany 2.4GHz planes still in order for a long time ?