Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Help with E-Sky Flight Simulator trainer

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Help with E-Sky Flight Simulator trainer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with E-Sky Flight Simulator trainer

Hi,
First time poster here, normally just read them.

I made my second purchase from Nitro planes after having such a great experience the first time (in spite of all the negative feedback they seem to generate on-line.)

So anyway, I got the trainer and followed the direction to hook it up. Iam unable to get the program to recognize the controller. My computer recognizes it, but not the program. I tried to calibrate it but no go ! I figured maybe I did something wrong so I went to my other computer (the kids actually) and tried setting it up there as well. Again, no luck.

I sent an e-mail to the "online" customer service rep but have not heard back from them. Iknow there are lots of folks here with some excellent advise, I hope I can get some of it.

Thanks so much!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:58 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with E-Sky Flight Simulator trainer

Did you purchase the USB controller that comes with the simulator?

If so the Simulator they use is FMS.

There is a link here which Nitrostaff1 posted that contains detailed instructions on setting up FMS to use that controller.

If you can view the movement of the sticks in the Windows Game controller control panel applet, it WILL work once the changes are made.

FMS was originally designed to work with a custom PIC circuit to hook up real RC controllers. Joystick support was added later.

As a result the program is not very use friendly when it comes to setting up a new Joystick/controller and it is somewhat cryptic.

Try a search for FMS and E-Sky here ( just in this forum, using Search at the bottom ) and you should come up with the link.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, Ibought the program and the USB controller that came in the box. I'm not sure of the sim, they don't list it on the outside of the CD, but I'll check. I'll check for that link, and Ido appreciate the help.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Did you purchase the USB controller that comes with the simulator?

If so the Simulator they use is FMS.

There is a link here which Nitrostaff1 posted that contains detailed instructions on setting up FMS to use that controller.

If you can view the movement of the sticks in the Windows Game controller control panel applet, it WILL work once the changes are made.

FMS was originally designed to work with a custom PIC circuit to hook up real RC controllers. Joystick support was added later.

As a result the program is not very use friendly when it comes to setting up a new Joystick/controller and it is somewhat cryptic.

Try a search for FMS and E-Sky here ( just in this forum, using Search at the bottom ) and you should come up with the link.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the link:

Click here please: [link=http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?topic=3205.0]Simulator Setup - Click me![/link]