NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Reply
Old 01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
  #226
Bob Paris
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lahaina, HI
Posts: 1,832
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

I bought one of the first 90" span P-38's sold (green covered version)...and all my plastic parts were miss packaged and were warped. After a year of trying to get my parts I bought a set of turbo charger covers made by another modeler...but nothing else. I still am missing my canopy and all four oil cooler covers for the model (I mailed back to you)...and years later the model is still unbuilt.

I've given up on Nitro Models...

Hard Landings and Bent needle valves to you...
Bob Paris
Bob Paris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
  #227
alpiani
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: , FL
Posts: 8
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Sounds great.I can deffinitelly use one more for that plane. Thank you very much . By the way one of my friends did buy that plane as well, blue version.

Greg

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

ok how about I send you a new battery to make it up?

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: alpiani

Hi. I while ago I bought FMS Skyline 182 trainer along with other planes. http://www.nitroplanes.com/4chrtffmssky.html order number yhst-17210252890263-102151. Before putting the plane together I checked all controls and everything looked fine. It was missing a few parts that others mentioned already, but I can live with out them. The problem was very unusual. When I put the plane together ailerons were moving same way, both up or both down. I thought Y connector was reversed, but it was fine. I took the plane to my local hobby shop for more help. It took them a while to figure it out as well. As I thought one of the servos was damaged. The mechanism inside of it was put wrong way. I had to buy a new server and a servo extension. Also from wheel steering arm wouldn’t hold the wheel tight.Those problems cost me 23$ and a few long hours of work. If it’s possible I’d like to be reimbursed in some way for the damaged parts.Other than that I really enjoy the plane, it flies great and it impressed a few of my rc friendswho’ll probably buy it as well.
Sincerely
Greg
alpiani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM
  #228
Wing It
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 9
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

John,
Ship to Barrie Powell
5425 Connors Ln.
El Paso, Tx 79932

Yes, bill to most recent order info.
A bargain price. Great service.
Thx.
Wing It is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
  #229
bamiller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 9
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Hi John,

Please ship to...
Brent Miller
689 Cinnabar Ln
Castle Rock Colorado 80108


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

Alright, I'll replace the motor for you.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bamiller

Hi! I bought the A-10 a few weeks back. I upgraded the battery with one of your blue lipo 1300's 11.1v. I did several test runs on a platform checking motors, power, etc... running 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and all was good. (Intent not to blister the motors without a gentle break in.) My weather today was finally decent enough to attempt the maiden.

However upon running down the runway it appeared to be very underpowered and that's when I noticed the left motor was not spinning.

I changed esc connections to the good motor as a test to rule out the esc/wiring. So it appears to only be one motor causing the problem. Could the motor have been faulty? (One thing to note is that the center screw did have to be tightened on one occasion and the fan housing did show some rubbing. Not sure if that matters) Is there a way I can get a replacement motor or would I have to order a new one?

Thanks sincerely in advance for your response. My order number was 17210252890263+104731+5180453286decc573be4

Sincerely,

loyal customer (Brent)
bamiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 AM
  #230
NitroWoody
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Haven, WV
Posts: 6
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

John,

Thanks so much. I got your email and printed the manual this evening. Looking forward to getting this thing together. You're the man!

NitroWoody

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

ok pm me your email I'll email you a copy of the manual.


John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: NitroWoody

I've tried Nitro's customer support, and they say they can't help me without an order #. Well, that would be fine exceptthe plane was received as a gift and I can't get the number! I need the manual that was not included with their Fokker DR1 triplane. You'd think that would be a simple thing, but apparently they just don't want me to have one. Is there anyone on this forum who has one of these manuals? If you have one, would you be willing to scan it and email it to me? If that's not possible, would anyone be willing to mail their manual to me and I will scan it and return itvery quickly. I'll pay you for the postage and a little for your time. If that's not possible, does anyone out there know where I can find/buy/download one?

NitroWoody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
  #231
Skoffer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Saint Charles, MO
Posts: 3
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Thank you much John. Igot the Servo today.
Skoffer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
  #232
gvidra
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 3
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

John,

Received the replacement EXTRA 500 fuselage this morning and it arrived in one piece. It looks like thats how you will have to ship UPS from now on.

Thanx

Joseph Vidra
gvidra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
  #233
Widget
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: White City, OR
Posts: 183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Until I read all these posts and saw how hard John at Nitroplanes is working to help us all out, I was dubious about ordering anything from them right now. The only other "John" that I am aware of that worked so hard wrote the Book of Revelation! (-: Keep up the good work John. You are an shining light in your company... Widget PS- When does NP plan on getting all their stock built back up?
Widget is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 AM
  #234
samtronv
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: kirkland lake, ON, CANADA
Posts: 10
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Hi john ...I recieved a rafale jet for xmas and never got the wall charger just the charger to charge from a battery, can you tell me what wall charger and voltage and polarity the charger is ...maybe I can match it up here at home ...thanx samtronv
samtronv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
  #235
opjose
 
opjose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Poolesville, MD
Posts: 12,588
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

You'll need a wall wart with 12v DC Output, positive tip ( center ), 1000mAh or higher output.

Though I believe the one that is often distributed with the chargers is only 800mAh, you really need at least 1000mAh or more.

ANY wall wart that puts out the above will work.

BTW: I have a bin of "unknown" wall warts that I've collected ( ahem, "lost" or forgotten what they belong to! ) over the years, which I frequently draw on for replacement chargers.

It's rather amazing that people don't realize they can use what they may already have... if they read the labels carefully.

opjose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
  #236
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

ok battery sent.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: alpiani

Sounds great. I can deffinitelly use one more for that plane. Thank you very much . By the way one of my friends did buy that plane as well, blue version.

Greg

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

ok how about I send you a new battery to make it up?

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: alpiani

Hi. I while ago I bought FMS Skyline 182 trainer along with other planes. http://www.nitroplanes.com/4chrtffmssky.html order number yhst-17210252890263-102151. Before putting the plane together I checked all controls and everything looked fine. It was missing a few parts that others mentioned already, but I can live with out them. The problem was very unusual. When I put the plane together ailerons were moving same way, both up or both down. I thought Y connector was reversed, but it was fine. I took the plane to my local hobby shop for more help. It took them a while to figure it out as well. As I thought one of the servos was damaged. The mechanism inside of it was put wrong way. I had to buy a new server and a servo extension. Also from wheel steering arm wouldn’t hold the wheel tight. Those problems cost me 23$ and a few long hours of work. If it’s possible I’d like to be reimbursed in some way for the damaged parts. Other than that I really enjoy the plane, it flies great and it impressed a few of my rc friends who’ll probably buy it as well.
Sincerely
Greg
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM
  #237
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

ok I got the part and will ship to you. Since you paid by paypal can you please send $5 to admin@nitroplanes.com

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Wing It

John,
Ship to Barrie Powell
5425 Connors Ln.
El Paso, Tx 79932

Yes, bill to most recent order info.
A bargain price. Great service.
Thx.
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 PM
  #238
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

sent via USPS 420801089101805213907285192342

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bamiller

Hi John,

Please ship to...
Brent Miller
689 Cinnabar Ln
Castle Rock Colorado 80108


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

Alright, I'll replace the motor for you.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bamiller

Hi! I bought the A-10 a few weeks back. I upgraded the battery with one of your blue lipo 1300's 11.1v. I did several test runs on a platform checking motors, power, etc... running 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and all was good. (Intent not to blister the motors without a gentle break in.) My weather today was finally decent enough to attempt the maiden.

However upon running down the runway it appeared to be very underpowered and that's when I noticed the left motor was not spinning.

I changed esc connections to the good motor as a test to rule out the esc/wiring. So it appears to only be one motor causing the problem. Could the motor have been faulty? (One thing to note is that the center screw did have to be tightened on one occasion and the fan housing did show some rubbing. Not sure if that matters) Is there a way I can get a replacement motor or would I have to order a new one?

Thanks sincerely in advance for your response. My order number was 17210252890263+104731+5180453286decc573be4

Sincerely,

loyal customer (Brent)
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 PM
  #239
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Thanks yes and we are getting new shipment and it will be come available early feb.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Widget

Until I read all these posts and saw how hard John at Nitroplanes is working to help us all out, I was dubious about ordering anything from them right now. The only other ''John'' that I am aware of that worked so hard wrote the Book of Revelation! (-: Keep up the good work John. You are an shining light in your company... Widget PS- When does NP plan on getting all their stock built back up?
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM
  #240
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

I'm sure you already have that AC adapter somewhere at home. So you'll need 12V 1000 mah or higher will do it. My linksys router uses that adapter.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: samtronv

Hi john ...I recieved a rafale jet for xmas and never got the wall charger just the charger to charge from a battery, can you tell me what wall charger and voltage and polarity the charger is ...maybe I can match it up here at home ...thanx samtronv
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 PM
  #241
samtronv
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: kirkland lake, ON, CANADA
Posts: 10
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Thanx all ...found I have two and then I stopped looking ...lol ....thanx again ...sam
samtronv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM
  #242
dawort
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 5
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Posted elsewhere but then noticed this thread so,
I just received my RC helicopter,http://www.nitroplanes.com/new20airwo4c.html, Order Number 733175, and found damage while unpacking. Please see the pictures. Also just wondering why this is in a BL-V box with Lama 5 instructions?
Thanks,
Dave Worthen

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33549.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1359768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13735.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1359769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42694.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1359770  
dawort is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
  #243
TFrancis
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: , AZ
Posts: 4
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

John,

I finally took a close look at the wheel pants on my 50cc Ultimate.  They are chipped and the fiberglass is cracked at the center on both sides.  Can I get a replacement set?  My order # is 714335.

Tom
TFrancis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
  #244
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

ok I'll send you a new fuse.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dawort

Posted elsewhere but then noticed this thread so,
I just received my RC helicopter,http://www.nitroplanes.com/new20airwo4c.html, Order Number 733175, and found damage while unpacking. Please see the pictures. Also just wondering why this is in a BL-V box with Lama 5 instructions?
Thanks,
Dave Worthen

nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
  #245
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

ok I'll send that to you.

John
Nitro Planes

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TFrancis

John,

I finally took a close look at the wheel pants on my 50cc Ultimate. They are chipped and the fiberglass is cracked at the center on both sides. Can I get a replacement set? My order # is 714335.

Tom
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:36 PM
  #246
givmeasmoothy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Linthicum, MD
Posts: 4
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Order yhst-17210252890263=108610=1079ddf52404c=0b5d90a     order number 718281                                                                                                        Hi i ordered the Dynam i Can Fly and when checking everything out i noticed the esc was an 18 amp the specs on the box said it is supposed to have a 25 amp. I have trried numerous times to resolve this with nitro but seems they want to give me the run around. The guy Jason said it was a manufacturer miss print.  I find that hard to believe because that means that millions of these planes will have the wrong esc. This plane is supposed to have a 25amp esc not the 18. I hope that guy John will see this he seems to help people out. Thanks again
givmeasmoothy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 PM
  #247
computerguy307
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: , AB, CANADA
Posts: 7
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

John, Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for your help got my plane working without your help this would be impossible hope to order replacment parts from you soon( because i can fly that good) look forward to fly'n this wonderful looking(hopefuly just as good preforming) aircraft.Once again thanks.
computerguy307 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 AM
  #248
givmeasmoothy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Linthicum, MD
Posts: 4
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

To any having problems with there planes get in touch with John . Just be patient he will get to you. Thanks John for helping me out
givmeasmoothy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 AM
  #249
Wing It
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 9
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Thanks John, got the part!  You are the man! I know it ain't easy, but you are doing great work.
Thx for the great service.
Wing It is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 PM
  #250
nitrostaff1
Thread Starter
 
nitrostaff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 2,219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Motor mount sent.

John
Nitro Planes
nitrostaff1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 AM.