Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Old 08-01-2010, 12:45 AM
flying16150
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

So maybe John can tell me why theytook my money all in thename of restocking fee, your company really sucks John, I want allmy money back and please dont give me that krap about restocking fee , I did file a report with theBBB and will stay on this like stink on you know what , Why? becouse I cant stand being shafted. Come on John give me a call .youve got my number I know you do because Ive sent you about 10 emails all ofwhich you have chosen to ignore. did you ever hearwhat goes around comes around , well its coming John only your to blind to see it .
ORIGINAL: flyinginthedesert

Ok my bad I see that John last logged in at 7/31/10 so I guess he does keep up with the posts, So John whats up with UPS have they paid up or am I just going to have to wait a bit longer
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 AM
flying16150

Oh youll have to wait a little longer , Nitro Planes is in no hurry to help a customer once they have your money that is.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM
scalebill
My Feedback: (130)

You could just as well go out and bark at the moon for all the good it does to try and get help from nitro, I have bought a quite a few kits from them but not any more.[>:]
Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
flying16150

Yeah I know it didnt take me long to figure that one out , but Ive made it my lifes mission (one Of Many) to see that they dont sell as much as they did before.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 AM
alpiani

Hi,

Order number yhst-17210252890263-138012 . Before putting the plane together i checked all electronics. All worked fine, except esc. It would cut of the power to the motor, make weird noises, reset all the time, shut down even at half throtle,  it just wasn't working properly. I took the esc from my other same f-16 that i bought from you almost a year ago and problem was fixed. If it's possible could you send me a new esc. It was 25A with heat sink. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
GuitarPlayer

Just a heads up here. There's a lot of good quality birds out there, be carefull who you by from.  In my opinion, nitroplanes,xheli, nitrorcx, and partsworkz are not up to our standards.  Many times there products are not as described.  What these guys call RTF is not what beginners want to get into.  Their customer service\tech support, and interpretation of what the products should be capable of doing are far from advertized!!!  Oh yea, they like to hang up, when you can get them, and close live talk sessions if they don't like what they hear.  These guys don't have a clue what customer service is!!  Be carefull.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Spankme

yeah your right on all that you said, and its about time we stand up to these people , I cant even belive that RC Universe lets them advertise on here , dont these people realize that Nitro is doing what their doing to us , tell yua one thing Ill never buy another thing from Nitro Planes, thats for sure. Thinking of doing a black ball list web site for RCer's so they can get the proper customer service that we and most beginers need . As costly as this hobby can be and the way the economy is right now you would think that companys out there would be very eager for us to give them our money , Ive wrote I dont know how many posting on Nitro planes and still havent heard from the company.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Spankme

Take my word on this and send it all back to them , call your credit card company if thats how you paid for it and cancel the sale, but be very leary of their 15%restocking fee, its just a way that they can steal a littleof your money, when a prouduct dosent work or it hasstuff missingthere shouldnt be a restocking fee at all, Nitro should have better quality control than what they do have, but hey their customer service sucks so why should their quality controll be any different. Best advice I can give anyone is dont by jack crap from Nitro Planes, Pay the extra cost with another company believe me its way worth the trouble youll save than doing buiness with these morons who doesnt have a clue about customer service or anything else for that matter. I still challenge the owner of Nitro Planes to call me, I know you have my number , or if you want to PM me or even Email me then please I would love to talk with you. I dare you to call me and face this proublem head on. Like a buisness owner should call his customers. But I know that wont happen and Im out the money Im out plain and simple, Folks before you buy anything from Nitro Planes think long and hard about it .
ORIGINAL: alpiani

Hi,

Order number yhst-17210252890263-138012 . Before putting the plane together i checked all electronics. All worked fine, except esc. It would cut of the power to the motor, make weird noises, reset all the time, shut down even at half throtle, it just wasn't working properly. I took the esc from my other samef-16 that i bought from you almost a year ago and problem was fixed. If it's possible could you send me a new esc. It was 25A with heat sink. Thank you.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:02 AM
flying16150

Hey Spanky why would they do anything for you , they all ready have your money , I bought a 50 cc ultimate from them , that when it arrived the hardware wasnt in the box , so after two weeks I finally got ahold of someone and two weeks after that I finally got it , of course I had alreadypurchased it from the hobby store , then I finally got the plane done and it wouldnt fly right , even nose heavy and I do mean heavy it still climed like a rocket with no more than 1/4 throtle , so I sent it back to them not only did I have to cut the wings in 1/2 but I had to cut the tail to in order to ship it , it cost me 120.00 to ship it back to them , when they should have paid that, they had the balls to keep 15% on my purchase price and called it a restocking fee, when what they did was when it arived they threw it in the trash can , so it cost me 15% just so they could throw the plane away , Im all for that website your talking about , hell how much money do you need to get it going and I will help as long as Nitro planes goes to the top of your black ball list. Youve got my complete support.
ORIGINAL: Spankme

Take my word on this and send it all back to them , call your credit card company if thats how you paid for it and cancel the sale, but be very leary of their 15%restocking fee, its just a way that they can steal a littleof your money, when a prouduct dosent work or it hasstuff missingthere shouldnt be a restocking fee at all, Nitro should have better quality control than what they do have, but hey their customer service sucks so why should their quality controll be any different. Best advice I can give anyone is dont by jack crap from Nitro Planes, Pay the extra cost with another company believe me its way worth the trouble youll save than doing buiness with these morons who doesnt have a clue about customer service or anything else for that matter. I still challenge the owner of Nitro Planes to call me, I know you have my number , or if you want to PM me or even Email me then please I would love to talk with you. I dare you to call me and face this proublem head on. Like a buisness owner should call his customers. But I know that wont happen and Im out the money Im out plain and simple, Folks before you buy anything from Nitro Planes think long and hard about it .
ORIGINAL: alpiani

Hi,

Order number yhst-17210252890263-138012 . Before putting the plane together i checked all electronics. All worked fine, except esc. It would cut of the power to the motor, make weird noises, reset all the time, shut down even at half throtle, it just wasn't working properly. I took the esc from my other samef-16 that i bought from you almost a year ago and problem was fixed. If it's possible could you send me a new esc. It was 25A with heat sink. Thank you.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
flying16150

Yeah with all that being said it still does not excuse rudness or bad customer service, and Nitro is getting more famouse by the day when it comes to those two things, they dont have a good customer service , the prouducts they sell even if they are imports from China or japan or where ever , they should still stand behind them , and they do not. you can creat what ever excuse you want for them but they in fact are screwing people right and left. And if your going to use your customers as a quality controll staff they should at least be good to their customers . what your saying is because they order their planes from china and all their parts from China that they shouldnt be responsable for whats in the box even if they are selling it here , I have never heard of such a absurd statement in all my life, you sound like a poster child for Nitro and believe me they need a whole lot more than that. Quality contrioll should be Nitros biggest concern after all the finished prouduct is what Nitro is judged on. What your saying is if Nitro get screwed by China its ok to pass that screw on to the consumer. Dead Wrong
ORIGINAL: LDM

Guys you just dont know the export business . factories are sourced and looked for like little gems amoung coal . Then you find a good one , possibly two or three that have a speciality . You establish your needs based and match it to there strength , you negotiate MOQs , exclusive agreements , Sales performance requirments , ect ect . If you dont have a mole in the plant , god help you , so then you need to look at production run , it can be done based on what you negotiate , 25% 50% ect . They cant store things in China , so when they make them they need to get them shipped , so there not sitting in a warehouse waiting for you to approve , they are approved along the way , you cant check each kit , remember you negotaited with every aspect from QC , volume , price and MOQs , full container price ect ect . If your not dealing with a reputal supplier you can even get shipped a container of trash after you have paid lol . Most companys in the USA are preselling there planes , they want to know that the inbound container is sold before it even arrives , that is why Nitro PLanes runs out of stock before most plane even land . Then the risk for them is do we re-order, can we sell another MOQ , or can we order more then the MOQs , either way the containers need to be full or your paying for empty air space , so if you wonder why so many planes never come back into stock it can be because they reorder MOQ is to high and too riskey for Nitro to make another run . When you contract with a factory the first question they ask is not how much you are willing to pay , but how many you can order -that is where the power is , in your volume and your ability to sell , then all the other parts fall in line . Take away your ability to move units and new opportuntys and planes will go to the next biggest importer .

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...#ixzz0lbD0maZe
Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 PM
rambow450

Ok so my name is Adam I puirchased a Dynam Brushless Super Cup from nitroplanes.com.

My order number is 903955

Link to product              http://www.nitroplanes.com/dysuj3cubpa4.html

Any way so here's the deal. I bought this plane because it seemed like a nice looking/ flying plane. And it was an  RTF. Or so I thought...

problem #1- During the maiden flight of this plane the motor got so hot it melted the insulation on the wires connecting it the the esc which then shorted that out. And then melted the motor mount sending the the motor flying out the front of the plane. Which was wonderful because with no esc i had no battery to the servos which turned the cub in to a $100 lawn dart.

problem #2- After spending $114.36 at the LHS, buying an eflite brushless outrunner, 20 amp esc, and all of the appropriate mounts to fit that motor into the cub, the second flight was just as great. This time the plane was flying great until about eight minutes into the flight the plane entered lawn dart mode again. This  time it was because the radio just shut off. So after buying and drilling motor mounts for the second time I decided I would try and get through a whole battery while still on the ground. Not a good idea.. the landing gear that come with the plane are not wide enough to keep the plane from tipping over. So anyway I dont know what the problem was but EVERY time I plugged in a battery shortly after the RX would just shut off. Its not the esc.

problem #3- Charger supplied with plane never worked out of the box. I fixed that after the second lawn dart incident. I have a .44 S&W. Felt great to get that frustration out!

problem #4 Why is this plane labeled and sold as an RTF? It should be labeled as an RTFAYSABOMRCP (ready to fly after you spend a bunch of money  replacing crappy parts)

I know you guys are just a vendor and you dont design and build these planes. And I should probably be whining to Dynam. But I just think it kinda sucks that I bought a "RTF" plane and it really wasnt at all. Im not really expecting you guys to feel bad for me or replace anything. I just wanted to share this experience with you so you know this kind of stuff is happening. I guess I really learned the lesson "you get what you pay for".

-Adam

Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 PM
sid24

cracked canopy cesnna 421 received on 8-12-10
yhst-17210262890263-140797
http://www.nitroplanes.com/421sctwnigas.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61095.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1484038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79102.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1484039  
Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
francesco
My Feedback: (5)

hi John this is my 2 try i do need the motor shaft that old the prop on the big ep p47 and the shaft for the Sky Trainer 400 need 3 of each pls i cant fly my new planes because of that , the Sky Trainer 400 shaft will not work on the p47 t.you
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM
pbgrossman

order # 17210252890263-140766

I have recently bought a 4 channel Dynam Hawk Sky for my son's birthday gift. I built it last night but am having problems with the ailerons. They will not work together. Only one works at a time and it does not function properly in that it stutters( meaning it jumps around without changing.the contriller position. If I reverse the cable, the other aileron will work by itself but with the same stuttering. In testing the receiver I found that if I remove either the motor or elevator connector nothing will function. If I remove the connection of either the rudder or ailerons, the rest of the functions will work except te aileros as stated above. I suspect that the receiver has a short present. What is my recourse to cure this problem. I am not really interested in returning the whole kit since I already glued the tail section.
Any suggestion or thoughts.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 PM
opjose

The stuttering can be due to different things.

- If your TX is too close to the RX, it may swamp the electronics causing all sorts of strange behavior. Lower the antenna and try from accross the room.

- WiFi and other devices can also swamp the RX electronics causing the same effect. Try to eliminate the problem with the one working servo before moving on.

That either one or the other servo works, but not both, tends to point to either:

- A problem or miswiring of the "Y" adaptor cable. Check and/or replace it.
- A low voltage condition, where the electronics supply current drops too much to power all of the servos... are the batteries properly charged? Did you undertake a "forming" charge?

The rest sounds normal. Power is provided to the electronics via one of the channels you disconnected hence the loss of functions... Though typically power is applied via the MOTOR connector.

Make sure that ALL of the connectors are oriented the same way.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 PM
pbgrossman

Thanks, it looks like it was the t-connector. All I did was remove the connections and then replaced them and now all is good. Go figure.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
opjose

Good to hear.

It's always those "little things" that get us... better on the ground than in the air too!

Old 09-03-2010, 07:26 PM
KPLucas
My Feedback: (1)

John - I just sent you and PM for a bad 1400mm Bf109 prop back plate ( I included a picture). Plane arrived in great shape, just finished assembly and the last step - putting on the prop has me dead in the water until I get this part.

Order Number: 924658

Thanks for your help.
-Kyle Lucas
Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 AM
arcticflyer

Dear Nitro Staff, You huys have been good in the past I hope things are still that way. I just received and built a MaxJet F-18 Tiger Meet kit order(913465). Just to let you know I am an advanced builder/pilot with many years of RC experience. This however, was my first foam EDF kit. Build went fine and I liked the kit.....however on the maiden flight I took off and circled the field one time then lost roll control suddenly (still had elevator and throttle) which resulted in the destruction of the front half of the plane.
Upon inspection of the plane the receiver was still on and all the servos were still plugged in. None of the control surfaces were damaged. The receiver was NOT blinking which indicated no loss of signal. No flutter was heard from the control surfaces....I then cycled the controls and noticed that the inboard (FACTORY INSTALLED) hinge on the right wing had let go.... This hinge was clearly defective and caused the loss of my plane and possibly an expensive lipo battery.
Attached are photos of the hinge and plane. I am willing to send the portion of the wing with the aileron and defective hinge back to your location for inspection at my expense. I am requesting that the entire airframe (kit) be replaced as this was a factory defect.
Thanks, Stan

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tq48698.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	1495082   Click image for larger version

Name:	kf13520.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	1495083   Click image for larger version

Name:	jo29872.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	1495084  
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Billr

Hi John just received Wild Horse EDGE 540t 50cc plane no instructions came with it. Order # yhst-17210252890263-144908 . My email is [email protected] Thanks. Bill
Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
sparky251

I believe this to be the right forum to discuss this,if not please direct me. I placed an order for the electric retract "system" last week for $19 change ,I received one retract today. I also placed an order for 3 seperate electric retracts at $9 change a piece.Why did I receive 1 retract when I ordered a "system"? when can I expect the second one to arrive? Could it be in the box with the other order of 3 that I placed? The ref.# for the order I received is 929642. Thanks. Bob
Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
KPLucas
My Feedback: (1)

I don't see John replying any more......has anyone heard back?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
opjose

PM Tony / Andy @ rcdiscuss.com .

They seem to be active there.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:24 PM
arcticflyer

No responce on these forums[&:].........no responce after a LONG hold on the telephone[:@] .......OK ....... I'm thinking things have changed since I had some problems 2 years ago.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
arcticflyer

My faith has been restored.....got ahold of Nitro Planes the problem is being taken care of GREAT SERVICE after I finally was able to get through!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.