Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Who is C&GHobby? I cannot find a link to them?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
tremorsfsu

I believe the box said G&C Hobby. It doesn't mention their name on their site but here is a link to the jet that I purchased: www.nitroplanes.com/edf-72mm-f-4-phantom-blue-angel.html

It is a beautiful jet and well built except for the back piece which I wish I would have popped off and re-glued to the fuselage.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
opjose

Hopefully when John checks in, you'll get an answer.

You may also want to PM him @ Nitrostaff1

He is not on here every day but is pretty good about these things when he checks in.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
tremorsfsu

I appreciate your help opjose! Hopefully I'll get a response back soon!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:23 PM
nitrostaff1

ok that's fine too.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: kygah

John,
If it's all the same to you, I'm going to just go ahead and place another order, and let you refund me rather than waiting for the extra shipping/processing time.
Thanks!
Gregg
Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM
nitrostaff1

Sorry we'll have to make an exchange. what's your order number?

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: klew0222

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

Continue from old thread.

John
Nitro Planes
I received my Thunder AC6 charger from Nitroplanes today and found that the unit will not power up with the AC cord. It will however power up from a 12 volt source. Is there anything I can try to correct this problem short of returning the unit?

klew0222
Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
nitrostaff1

See my PM to you.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: tremorsfsu

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. I just want to alert anyone that buys a F4 70mm from C&G Hobby to check the back stabilizer piece. It is a separate piece from the fuselage and I would hate for you to crash your brand new beautiful jet because of it separating in the air.

I am still awaiting to hear if I can get any kind of credit on another model because of this. I've epoxied the pieces of the plane back together but it just doesn't fly right or the same way it did when it was right out of the box. Also, the left aileron servo doesn't move smoothly like it did...it is very jerky and hits several ''ticking'' points when turning instead of moving along smoothly.

This is my original email that I sent in support and am still awaiting an answer from Norman:

''I ordered the 70mm EDF F-4 Phantom on 6.30.09 and received it on 7.6.09. I've flown it just a few times and love the way it handles and flies but I ran into a problem with my last flight today. On the last vertical attempt the back stabilizer that holds the rudder and stabilizer ripped off the plane in mid-flight. The rest of the plane came crashing to the ground and broke into quite a few pieces. I noticed that there wasn’t a lot of glue holding the back stabilizer piece to the fuselage of the airplane. I wanted to let you know what happened to me and hopefully this won’t happen to other people that purchase the plane. Please let me know what my options are as the crash was not due to my flying but the factory not putting enough glue on it.

Best Regards,
Anthony''

I received a response:

''Dear Customer,

Sorry, warranty voids after there is a crash.

This email is regarding NitroPlane order number yhst-17210252890263-85465.

Best Regards,
NitroPlane''

I understand that and I did check it before flying and all appeared to be fine on the ground. Then this is my last response which I am waiting to hear back on:

''Good morning. I understand that after a crash the warranty gets void. I
just know that I've flown many airplanes and have never had this happen to
any of them. I just wish I would have checked that part of the plane on the
ground instead of that causing a crash. So really there is nothing that you
can do because of manufacturers defect - maybe even a discount if I purchase
the same plane as a kit and transfer the existing electronics to it?

It is good for you to know for future customers too...maybe mention that
they should ensure that the back stabilizer piece is glued on securely or
they should consider removing it and re-gluing.

Also, can you get spare parts for this plane? If not will they be available
in the future?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Anthony
''

My last communication was this:

''Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us at anytime.

Regards,
NitroModels Inc. ''Where high quality models are made affordable''

I've tried calling in several times and they keep telling me I need to talk to Norman or the floor manager who is never available. I just feel this wasn't completely my fault because I did check over the plane before my flights and hope to get some type of discount or compensation on a new plane.

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 AM
klew0222

Order # is 610646. I already returned unit under a RMA but am not happy with having to pay return postage of nearly $10.00 for item that was defective.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 AM
roadkill882

I need the wing mounts on the 52 inch p-38.  The twin fuselages did not come with the balsa/ply wing notches that the wings fit into on the fuseleages for the front of the wings.  They are held down by the nylon screws in the back, but the front of the wings slide into some plywood notches that arent anywhere in the kit. Any help?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
nitrostaff1

Order # is 610646. I already returned unit under a RMA but am not happy with having to pay return postage of nearly $10.00 for item that was defective.
No problem. I'll put $10 credit on this order so you can use it on future order. just mention 610646

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes I can help me I need mroe details. Order number?

Can you pin point where on the manual are these items located?

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: roadkill882

I need the wing mounts on the 52 inch p-38. The twin fuselages did not come with the balsa/ply wing notches that the wings fit into on the fuseleages for the front of the wings. They are held down by the nylon screws in the back, but the front of the wings slide into some plywood notches that arent anywhere in the kit. Any help?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 AM
klew0222

No problem. I'll put $10 credit on this order so you can use it on future order. just mention 610646

John
Nitro Planes
Thanks John. I really appreciate the good will gesture.

klew0222
Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM
roadkill882

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

I need the wing mounts on the 52 inch p-38. The twin fuselages did not come with the balsa/ply wing notches that the wings fit into on the fuseleages for the front of the wings. They are held down by the nylon screws in the back, but the front of the wings slide into some plywood notches that arent anywhere in the kit. Any help?
Order # 606262.

There are two photos in the manual that show a pair of curved pieces (two for each fuselage) made out of possibly light ply that are cut to the shape of the leading edge of the wings. These pieces are glued to the fuselage and are designed to hold the front leading edge of the wings in place while a nylon screw holds the rear of the wings in place.these notched pieces of light ply were not in the kit or on the fuselage. i could make the pieces, but I'm not sure at what angle of attack the wings are supposed to be so I'm afraid to guess and cut them incorrectly.

Thanks -Joe
Old 08-21-2009, 05:34 PM
nitrostaff1

Exactly on which page and section are these 4 pieces mentioned?

John
Nitro Planes

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

Order # 606262.

There are two photos in the manual that show a pair of curved pieces (two for each fuselage) made out of possibly light ply that are cut to the shape of the leading edge of the wings. These pieces are glued to the fuselage and are designed to hold the front leading edge of the wings in place while a nylon screw holds the rear of the wings in place. these notched pieces of light ply were not in the kit or on the fuselage. i could make the pieces, but I'm not sure at what angle of attack the wings are supposed to be so I'm afraid to guess and cut them incorrectly.

Thanks - Joe
Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 PM
dcam

Hi John,
I've ordered several planes, motors Esc's etc. from Nitroplanes before and have always been very happy with the products and the support.
Today I received my new E-Sky BeltCP RTF helicopter. It's beautiful. However the included 1800mAh 20c battery is deffective.
IT will not take a charge with the included charger, and will not take one with my balance charger either. It just goes into safety charge and will not charge.
The second cell is bad.
My order number is yhst-17210252890263-90909.
Here are a couple of pics, the center cell is poofed, and the foil seam is actually split open a bit.
Could you send me a new replacement battery please.
I can send the old one if you'd like it back.

Thanks in advance,
Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13533.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1260561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37691.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1260562  
Old 08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
roadkill882

John
Nitro Planes

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

Order # 606262.

There are two photos in the manual that show a pair of curved pieces (two for each fuselage) made out of possibly light ply that are cut to the shape of the leading edge of the wings. These pieces are glued to the fuselage and are designed to hold the front leading edge of the wings in place while a nylon screw holds the rear of the wings in place.these notched pieces of light ply were not in the kit or on the fuselage. i could make the pieces, but I'm not sure at what angle of attack the wings are supposed to be so I'm afraid to guess and cut them incorrectly.

Thanks -Joe
The two photos in the manual are on page 5 in the top left picture and page 6 on the top left picture.

There is no "mention" of these pieces - the writer/translatoronly wrote things such as "settle the shake arm for pushrod, then assemble according to diagram", "please assemble the main wing like this, set the wing in the fuselage, then settle the screw to keep the wing", or my favorite, "the shake arm must cut two holes off, and the blind nut must be settled inside ofthe fuselage". Whatever... Fortunately there's a picture of the completed airplane on the front of the box.

Thanks for the help tho.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM
nitrostaff1

ORIGINAL: dcam

Hi John,
I've ordered several planes, motors Esc's etc. from Nitroplanes before and have always been very happy with the products and the support.
Today I received my new E-Sky BeltCP RTF helicopter. It's beautiful. However the included 1800mAh 20c battery is deffective.
IT will not take a charge with the included charger, and will not take one with my balance charger either. It just goes into safety charge and will not charge.
The second cell is bad.
My order number is yhst-17210252890263-90909.
Here are a couple of pics, the center cell is poofed, and the foil seam is actually split open a bit.
Could you send me a new replacement battery please.
I can send the old one if you'd like it back.

Thanks in advance,
Don
No problem. Replacement battery shipped. Please recycle the one you have and do not use anymore.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM
nitrostaff1

I've emailed you a better manual for the P38 and let me know if this one helps because I don't recall you need such pieces.

John
NItro Planes

John
Nitro Planes

Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

Order # 606262.

There are two photos in the manual that show a pair of curved pieces (two for each fuselage) made out of possibly light ply that are cut to the shape of the leading edge of the wings. These pieces are glued to the fuselage and are designed to hold the front leading edge of the wings in place while a nylon screw holds the rear of the wings in place. these notched pieces of light ply were not in the kit or on the fuselage. i could make the pieces, but I'm not sure at what angle of attack the wings are supposed to be so I'm afraid to guess and cut them incorrectly.

Thanks - Joe
The two photos in the manual are on page 5 in the top left picture and page 6 on the top left picture.

There is no ''mention'' of these pieces - the writer/translator only wrote things such as ''settle the shake arm for pushrod, then assemble according to diagram'', ''please assemble the main wing like this, set the wing in the fuselage, then settle the screw to keep the wing'', or my favorite, ''the shake arm must cut two holes off, and the blind nut must be settled inside of the fuselage''. Whatever... Fortunately there's a picture of the completed airplane on the front of the box.

Thanks for the help tho.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
roadkill882

thanks - the more I looked at it the more it looks like it is part of the fuselage, and my fuselages were just cut wrong. I can fix it. Looking forward to the manual.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Drezed

Part arrived, issue resolved. Big thanks to NitroPlanes, an especially "Cheng" whom I spoke w/ on phone. Great Job!!

Jeff D.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Jerry Ledford
My Feedback: (15)

Hi I received my Electric ARF Pitts Special yesterday 09/1/2009. Order date: 08/26/2009 Order# yhst-17210252890263-91674.
Everything was packed beautifully but, the canopy is missing. Could you possibly send a replacement.
Thanks, Jerry Ledford
1508 N 74 Ter
Hollywood, Fl 33024
Ph#: 954-961-1486
Old 09-10-2009, 05:01 PM
KCLC

To Nitroplanes Staff, received my recent order severely damaged. yhst-17210252890263-91735 This was the 140 Extra 300 73" model. I contacted Customer Service, they filed a claim with UPS, UPS has picked up the package last Friday. Any idea how long this process will take?

KCLC
Old 09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
nitrostaff1

Shipped via USPS 420330249101805213907726787670

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: Jerry Ledford

Hi I received my Electric ARF Pitts Special yesterday 09/1/2009. Order date: 08/26/2009 Order# yhst-17210252890263-91674.
Everything was packed beautifully but, the canopy is missing. Could you possibly send a replacement.
Thanks, Jerry Ledford
1508 N 74 Ter
Hollywood, Fl 33024
Ph#: 954-961-1486
Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
nitrostaff1

Just got the plane back via UPS and sorry about the damage. I'll send another one out and will put special care on the package.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: KCLC

To Nitroplanes Staff, received my recent order severely damaged. yhst-17210252890263-91735 This was the 140 Extra 300 73'' model. I contacted Customer Service, they filed a claim with UPS, UPS has picked up the package last Friday. Any idea how long this process will take?

KCLC
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
angelo1939

On 27 august 2009 i received the Marchetti SF-260 plane i ordered from nitro models......I dont mind doing minor repair work on a plane i ordered or slight modification from assembly work not done right....but it irks me to order something advertized....but the item received is not as advertized....Your advertizement says FIVERGLASS FUSELAGE......but it is not so!!!!!The plane has a wood, monocote covered fuselage...honesty is the best policy....if modifications are done at the manufacturer be honest enough to state it in your advertisement.....angelo1939

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.