Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Wildhawk to big to post to Australia?

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Wildhawk to big to post to Australia?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 PM
sama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wildhawk to big to post to Australia?

Hey everyone, I have been following Dave Powers and thought I would just back into RC and start over again since it has been years since I have flown.

The wild hawk seems perfect for me so I bought one from nitro planes, problem is I haven't heard anything from them? I ordered it sunday though so they only had monday which I assume they were swamped with work.

But now I read that they cannot ship planes larger than .25+ etc so I'm wondering just how large the box is?

Regards.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
opjose

Default RE: Wildhawk to big to post to Australia?

Normally when you place an order, and there is no problem with the credit card, you'll get back an e-mail with a confirmation of the order.

As soon as the order ships ( usually within 2-3 days if it is in stock ) you'll get another e-mail with tracking information if available.

If 2-3 working days after you've placed the order, you have not received any e-mails, you can either use the On-Line chat to ask for the status ( please have your ORDER NUMBER ready ) or at worst you can PM John your order number here and ask for details.

The Wild Hawk is about the size of a .30 - .40 plane boxed up.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM
sama

Thanks for the info,

The Wild Hawk is about the size of a .30 - .40 plane boxed up.
That will be a problem though
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Saro

I was wondering the same thing myself as I'm looking to get in RC's and was watching Dave Powers and the Wild Hawk looks great. Then I noticed this near the bottom of each page at NitoPlanes when I was looking at prices and such."Note for International Buyers - If you are located outside of the United States/Canada, and wish to order one of our Nitro Planes, please note that any size 40 or above ARF Planes are unable to ship outside of the United States and Canada."So You can buy planes up to size 40 but no higher. I myself living in Australia aswell was curious as to the size of a Wild Hawk.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes we've tried to ship this plane to another customer in AU and the USPS rejected the shipment because it's over 79inchs. USPS should increase the size restrictions to 108 like canada.

Please see here: http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ab_012.htm#ep1572941

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Saro

So going by the specifications you provided at http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ab_012.htm#ep1572941, much apprecited for that btw. It would be possible to ship a 3-Channel Exceed Piper Cub J3 to Austalia?

With the specs being:
Wing span - 37.5 inches(95.5cm)
Length - 28.8 inches (73cm)

I know im asking a lot of questions just I've ordered my RC Helicopter and since at this point in time I have the cash I'd like to purchase an RC Plane. I'm just learning all I can so as I can make a good purchase

on a plane that suits my level of skill but at the same time I am able to have shipped here to Australia. The Wild Hawk though from what I've read everywhere is great, though since I am unable to find

a website/store near me I can't get the Wild Hawk so I'm looking to alternatives.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
eccvets

i think you also have to add in the lenght of the box and not just the lenght of the plane.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Saro

Obviously which is why I'm asking, only providing the specs of the plane for mere conveinance. They could pack this in various ways resulting in different sizes, hence why I'm asking.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:06 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes if you get the small 3 chan plane such as the J3, it can be shipped to AU.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM
sama

Yea that was me, any chance of maybe finding another shipping company for large orders? Such DHL or similer?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
nitrostaff1

Not with DHL because it's too expensive and it most 2 to 3 times the price of the plane itself.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Kiwi Wayne

Hi there, I am trying to buy the WILD HAWKmyself, I've tried four different hobby shops in the US to send to New Zealand but allcancelled the order the next day due to the size. I've now been trying to find a shop in Canada who sells the WILDHAWK since their size limit is larger than the US.
So my question is, does anyone know of a store inCanada who sells the WILDHAWK???

Regards Wayne
Old 09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
wowie

All you guy's wanting to buy the Wild Hawk,,why not just buy it from www.GraysonHobby.com? I don't think they have any restrictions like Nitro Planes does. Besides,,if you have any problems and need customer service,,you will find that Nitro (lame) Planes has no customer service. I'd stay away from Nitro Lame.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Beeper

Hi
I have just ordered the Exceed F35 EDF jet . Is there a size problem to send this to Australia. I looked on the USPS web site the link that was supplied here, and the size of the plane should be small enough. Can some one let me know. If there is a problem then I will have to get a refund.

Regards

Beeper
Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
nitrostaff1

The f35 is small but the packing box is big so we can not ship out of the USA. Please consider the F4e.

Many online dealer use USPS as shipping method and USPS is strict on their limits and they enforce it 100%. If you find another dealer that can ship then they are using another shipping method which will cost more.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Kiwi Wayne

HI there Beeper

I just bought the Starmax F35 R/C complete with everything from Toysonics and no problems with sending to New Zealand, cost was $70 for shipping. I gave up in trying to buy the Wildhawk as that is too big to send outside the State. I instead bought the Hawk Sky powered glader from a New Zealand shop. Haven't yet put it together. 

At Sydney airport at the moment killing time, in Japan for five weeks. I'll keep you posted how the Hawk Sky goes. As for the F35, that wont get flown for some time.

Hope this is some help.

Regards Wayne