Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Sky Charger B6AC 5-in-1 DUAL POWER Charger for 1-6 Cell Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe Batteries +PC Software

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Sky Charger B6AC 5-in-1 DUAL POWER Charger for 1-6 Cell Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe Batteries +PC Software

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
nitrostaff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Charger B6AC 5-in-1 DUAL POWER Charger for 1-6 Cell Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe Batteries +PC Software

With an extremely low price, this is also one of the highest quality r/c battery charger you will ever find on the internet which also has USB PC monitor software to perfectly charge all your batteries. Dual power and multi-functional, the Sky Charger B6AC+ can charge 1-6 LiPo, A123 Li-Fe, NiMH and NiCD, Li-ion and PB batteries! The Sky Charger B6AC+ also features microprocessor controlled, high-power and high-performance circuit, maximum safety with delta-peak sensitivity, capacity limit, processing time limit, input power monitor, temperature limit and also monitoring the voltage of individual cell. Best of all, this charger also comes with everything such as power cord, charging clips/adaptors and everything you need to get started! Great for RC beginners!!!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/skychb65dupo.html
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
OSUAV8R

Default RE: Sky Charger B6AC 5-in-1 DUAL POWER Charger for 1-6 Cell Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe Batteries +PC Software

Has anyone on the forum used this charger.. I have read the manufacturers claims.. btuI would love to hear from someone else
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
drydock
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Sky Charger B6AC 5-in-1 DUAL POWER Charger for 1-6 Cell Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe Batteries +PC Software

Yes, Great Charger that does all that is claimed. Would be great if it was assembled by actual techs or even robots instead of what I assume are kids @ sixty cents a day. That way maybe my AC part of the unit would not have required me to re-solder the DC input (Yes, this fixed the AC) after 2 days use. Now I'm going around the threads trying to figure out why the AC dumped again with a different problem. DC works fine.And the DC volatage from the AC Powersupply is present at the PCB so the AC adapter is fine.. Which means there may be some sort of circuit protection causing the Wall-fed DC from not making it 1/4 inch away to the DC input. Could wire the Ac to DC output to the DC only except it may bypass some sort of filtering. Don't want to do that as it may void my possibly already voided warranty. I'll do a little research but I wish I had bought the DC only version. Nice unit off DC including menus, layout, decent docs and well thought out. Just bad assembly. I may just use an external supply if I cannot repair. I an a certified electronics biomedical engineer if case someone thinks I'm just a hack... -Bill-
P.S. I have no desire to be without this unit and wait for warranty repair as it took over 3 weeks to get it in the first place.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:27 AM
drydock
My Feedback: (2)

Well it turns out that the DC power jack uses the internal cutoff for the AC supply. That is, when you plug in the DC it will disable the AC even if it is plugged in. On my unit apparently when the DC was plugged in (Guess it's possible the cord had sideways pressure) the cutoff for the AC never reconnected thus rendering the AC portion inoperative. It's also possible that when I re-soldered the DC jack (which WAS necessary) it could have rendered it defective. I'll will try and locate the exact DC jack and replace it.
As I said above I really like this unit, however after internal inspection many poor solder joints were found. Being a technician I have no problem touching these up but I would not recommend doing so without soldering training and some experience. Hopefully the poor soldering I found in my unit is not common as this is pretty sweet unit when working properly.
-Bill-
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Delrevo

I picked up one of these B6AC Sky Chargers to charge up my 4S 4000mah 14.8 Lipos. Seems like my internal AC power supply went out too. DC still ok. Will probably check my solder joints as well.......
Old 03-14-2024, 12:23 PM
Smoke7

Hello I have the same charger and having a hard time to find software for the charger. Does anyone have it or know where I can download it so, I can monitor the charge. I have couple of Imax SKYRC and Thunder AC680 but neither of the application works with my charger Thank you in advance .