Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Please help...Im new to this

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Please help...Im new to this

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
joe75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help...Im new to this

Hi Im Joe,
I just started flying 4-channel aerobatic planes....electric RTF extra 330 is my first one. I aligned all my flaps and made sure everything was square and ready to go. When I take off it immediately pulls to the right and rolls upside down. There was no damage on the crash and checked everything over before I took off again. I take off and same thing...pulls to the right and rolls over. Not sure what could be wrong...Please help.

I checked the motor mount...positioned slightly up and to the left as its supposed to. Could it be too much though?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
snoyda1214

Default RE: Please help...Im new to this

Not great at RC planes yet but just maybe check your throttle trim, just a geuss. That's the only thing I can think off.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM
opjose

Default RE: Please help...Im new to this

An Extra is an extremely poor plane to start out with.

Pulling to the right ( right yaw ) may be caused by a mis-aligned rudder, or an improper amount of right thrust.

The roll is also probably normal and indicative of a good amount of engine torque, while flying a non-trimmed out plane.

Any new plane must be "trimmed" out to counteract the gyroscopic, precessional, and flight forces exterted upon it.

Normally this is done by an experienced flyer.

Novices are normally have this done by their flight instructors, which is why typically the first recommendation around here is to

- FIND A CLUB

It is difficult for us to tell more than this given your description.

I would advise you NOT to fly that plane until

- You have flown and been trained with a "Trainer" airplane
- Your Extra has been gone over by a very experienced flyer.