Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

dynam icanfly problem

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

dynam icanfly problem

Old 12-26-2009, 02:43 PM
rcdynamguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynam icanfly problem

i got the dynam i can fly, and the first flight, it did a nose dive into a small puddle of water, it worked 15 mins after the crash, but 2 days later it wont turn on, is it broke permanately, what should i do
Old 12-26-2009, 04:28 PM
opjose

Default RE: dynam icanfly problem

It sounds like you shorted the electronics with the water.

Unfortunately once electronics get wet it can take MONTHS for the liquid to dry out from under the transistors.

The proper proceedure is to immediately shut off the electronics and remove any and all packs ASAP!

Then either let it dry for a month or so, or use a special electronic "bath" that displaces the water with a fast drying liquid.
Even with the latter you need to let the electronics sit for a few days, blow them out with compressed air, and HOPE that everything works.

You'll have to replace the electronics on your plane. That from other manufacturers can be substituted.

I'd recommend that you get help from an experienced flyer and/or join a club. This will not only help get your plane repaired, but help you to avoid a similiar fate in the future.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM
rcdynamguy

thanks for the help...
so even if everything dries out will i have to replace all the electronics? or is that just a possibility?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM
opjose

It is a possibility.

An electronics "bath" speeds this up.

I had a friend that dropped a cell phone in a lake.

He was smart enough to shut it off immediately and remove the battery.

He got online and saw a recommendation to put the phone in a bag with rice ( rice absorbs ambient water ).

He left it there for three days, then tried the phone... it did not work.

Later he asked me about it. I told him he did not wait long enough... sure enough 2 weeks later everything worked perfectly again.

-

Do this:

- Get yourself a can of compressed air, like that used to clean computers...

Disconnect the receiver and ESC. Label things so you can reconnect everything later.

Spray the receiver and ESC to force out any water under the soldered in components. Be careful NOT to have the can upside down, throwing the flurocarbon out directly. You just want the stream of air... ( it's actually an inert flurocarbon gas btw...).

Stick the receiver and ESC into a bag of rice and let it sit in a dry area for a couple of weeks, longer if possible.

Put everything back together then try again.

Also the battery may have shorted. Spray it out, wait as indicated and try charging it for 30 minutes.

Put a meter on it and see if it is showing any voltage.