Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Is FMS and AirField One&The Same?

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Is FMS and AirField One&The Same?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 AM
ramius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is FMS and AirField One&The Same?

Opjose,

I've noticed a couple of things kindov strange.....
FMS's F16 Tiger and the new AirField F16-Tiger appear to be identical (might as well say all their 70mm-EDF F16's).
Likewise the FMS Sky Trainer, and the Airfield SkyLine 182 appear to be identical.

Is FMS changing hands, or just co-mingling with another? or are these just 2 flukes?

~Ramius~

Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
opjose

Default RE: Is FMS and AirField One&The Same?

It could just be a "rebranding" of the hardware.

Asian manufacturers often blithly choose trademarks without completely checking out their use by others.

A famous case-in-point is is "Tower-Pro".

Aparrently Tower Pro was sued ( I believe by Hobbico aka "Tower Hobbies" ) over this, so "Tower Pro" became Hextronics.

The SG5010 ( Tower Pro ) servos are identical to the HX5010 ( Hextronics ) servos as a result.

Also in some case the manufacturing companies produce the same models for various OEM vendors...

e.g. CMPPro seems to be producing the "Flying Dream" planes, and "Fly-Models" also seems to produce planes that sell under other names.

The upside is that I've seen the same planes which sell elsewhere for triple the price, sold by Nitroplanes at much lower expense.

The caveat is that the OEM's will sometimes use different electronics ( particularly transmitters and receivers ) to save costs on the less expensive units. That makes a bit of vigiliance and double checking ( e.g. range checks, vibration tests... ) a good idea just in case.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Crazyedfjets

Hey RCuniverse world,
   I need some help. I ordered the F/A-18C (kit) from Nitroplanes.com and just recently I had a hard landing. I have been searching the web all over to find the replacement part for the landing gears which I fractured and broke on other locations. AirField is the original manufactures of the Jet. I have had NO luck what so every on getting replacement parts for this beautiful jet. Needless to say I am very frustrated now.   I notice that the other AirField models like F16, F4 phantoms have the same landing part. What's the big deal that someone can't retrieve these small part from a floor model and sell it.  I would buy, I would buy. Forget about trying to get them to give you the manufactures contact cause they must think I have the money to buy in bulk like they do. I just want to be able to fly my Jet that I spent so much time in building and perfecting. NitroPlanes says they have great support. Well I would like that, some real help in getting some simple working parts.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
moedegrasse79

You might want to PM nitrostaff1.  Andy or John could probably help you out on this.