Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes (Airfield) Skytrainer (C182) Nosegear

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitroplanes (Airfield) Skytrainer (C182) Nosegear

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:47 AM
dja984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitroplanes (Airfield) Skytrainer (C182) Nosegear

Had a hard landing (had to put her down in a hurry or it woulda been C182 vs huge tree, 20kt winds - dumb Iknow but Iwas antsy) and sheared the nose gear clean off. The steering is fine, but the entire metal rod that connected the nose gear is gone and the fairing is literally cracked like an eggshell. Needless to say the crash looked very realistic. But Ineed replacement gear. Does anyone have a link or info?I seen a set on another site (banana hobbies) but their plane appears to be named / decaled differently. Not sure if it's the same landing gear?

Please help - thanks all
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM
69sofine

Default RE: Nitroplanes (Airfield) Skytrainer (C182) Nosegear

its the same plane except for the decals,battery,tx, rx and price
Old 01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
69sofine

I checked out the j-power cessna from banana hobbies. It appears to have the weak set-up on the nose gear. Mine is an airfield version and has the steel coupler utilized. Did it do any damage to the coupler up to the firewall when you crashed? The only issue i have found on mine is one of the strut mounts on the right wing was attached cock-eyed. it really doesn't seem to be a big problem, just looks kinda stupid! Its a great looking cessna, haven't flown it yet on account of bad weather. good luck getting parts from nitro planes! let us know how it goes.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
dja984

ORIGINAL: 69sofine

I checked out the j-power cessna from banana hobbies. It appears to have the weak set-up on the nose gear. Mine is an airfield version and has the steel coupler utilized. Did it do any damage to the coupler up to the firewall when you crashed? The only issue i have found on mine is one of the strut mounts on the right wing was attached cock-eyed. it really doesn't seem to be a big problem, just looks kinda stupid! Its a great looking cessna, haven't flown it yet on account of bad weather. good luck getting parts from nitro planes! let us know how it goes.
Mine had the steel tube as well... The firewall took no damage - the break was right after the firewall/ "landing gear tube hole". The problem is - That tube and the landing gear 'wire' metal part is nowhere to be found.Irecovered the wheel itself and the cracked fairing. When Itook out the screw that is facing the prop, the rest of the metal rod came out... It's just a metal tube with a flat section for the screw to fit in place (keeps it aligned with steering).

Iguess mine will have the weak set - but hopefully this won't be a problem if Ikeep weight off the nosegear when landing / taking off (soft field departure - full aft elevator until nose is off the ground) Perhaps Ican find some kind of tube to fit over to reinforce? Does 'weak' simply mean it is too flexible, or does it break easily?

I will keep you posted, and thank you very much for your help!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
69sofine

So it did break off the steel tube with the allen head set screws that hold the landing gear strut straight and in place? If you got the airfield version with the steel coupler, it is the best set-up so far, not sure how good it is though! Check out the assembly question thread on the sky trainer, there are a lot of issues with this nose gear.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
dja984

ORIGINAL: 69sofine

So it did break off the steel tube with the allen head set screws that hold the landing gear strut straight and in place? If you got the airfield version with the steel coupler, it is the best set-up so far, not sure how good it is though! Check out the assembly question thread on the sky trainer, there are a lot of issues with this nose gear.
Well Igot a new problem now... Istripped the gears out in the Rudder/Steering servo. Is replacing it as simple as a couple of screws and splicing some wires?