Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FMS Skytrainer Lipo Charger help......

Hi, how do I know if my Lipo is being charged when using the supplied LIPo charger. When I plug the LIPo into the charger, I get a red and a green light. The battery never seems to get warm and I don't think its charging. Today i went to put the third flight on the bird, took off, did two circuits and the plane basically felt like it had no juice. I put it down but I tore up the prop, and now the nose wheel is really weak. So how do I use this charger, should I buy a new one??????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FMS Skytrainer Lipo Charger help......

There should be a sticker right on the charger, which tells you how to read the lights.

Normally

Only the Red Light lit: Indicates that the charge is complete or that you have no battery connected.
    Red and Green: Indicates charging underway and NOT YET complete
    Red and Green Blinking: Indicates the battery is approaching max charge and a trickle charge is active.

So effectively, you need to wait longer for the battery to charge.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently bought the G & C Hobby F 16. This is my first RC Plane ever!! I logged alot of hrs on an RC flight simulator before trying to fly my jet. After opening the plane I noticed there was an aileron push rod missing. I went to my local hobby shop and fabricated a new one. After a few bumpy hand launches I got the plane in the air and flew it with ease, surprisingly. The battery did not last longer than 2 minutes. I later tried charging the battery only to find out that it wasn't properly working. When I plug the charger into power source both red and green LED's on. When I plug battery in the green goes off, like it is charged. I have purchased a second battery which is doing the same thing. What needs to be done?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The charger may be bad. It sounds like it is not detecting the voltage levels of the battery pack.

Plug the charger into the transformer and the transformer into the wall.

Give it a minute or two, with the one LED on, then plug in the pack to the balance charge port.

Let it sit a while ( say 30+ minutes ) then hook the pack to the plane and run it for a bit ( preferably to Low Voltage Cutoff ) to discharge the pack.

Then try again.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.