Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

What batteries for what planes?

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

What batteries for what planes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 AM
djyox
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What batteries for what planes?

I was thinking of picking up a few planes while I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. I wanted to get more than just the one battery that it comes with. So is there a good way to know what one will fit by looking through all the batteries you have listed?

The two planes I was thinking about are the Dynam 330 extra Brushless, Air Field RC Skyline 182.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 PM
opjose

Default RE: What batteries for what planes?

The Dynam comes with a 1250mAh 11.1v 3S pack.

You may be able to fit a 1600mAh 11.1v 3S 20C pack in there or larger.

The Airfield comes with a 1800mAh 11.1v 3S pack.

You may be able to fit a 2200mAh 11.1v 3S 20C pack.

Both would require minor enlargening or modification of the battery area, but are worth doing to get the extra run-time and capacity of the larger LiPo packs.

Your biggest problem will be the connectors.

I would suggest wiring up your own adaptors, so that you can leave the provided wiring as is.

I do this all the time with my planes.

2200mAh 11.1v 3S 20C packs are useful for a LOT of planes, so you may want to pick up a handful of these. ( 4-6 ) and I'd suggest at least two of the 1600mAh packs.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 PM
djyox

Thank you for the reply!

Is the supplied chargers that come with the packages good enough? Or would you recommend anything different?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
opjose

Both come with small 2 cell and 3 cell balance chargers that will work with most LiPo's that have balance leads.

If you are into RC, the investment in a more capable charger is well worth it.

This charger can take care of many different types of RC LiPo batteries.

[link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/thac6smbalic.html]RC Charger - Click me![/link]

Most people who are into electric planes also consider a Watt meter to be a requisit item for their toolbox.

If you are using RTF planes this may be of less importance, but once you start working with ARF's or your own power systems, a Watt meter is essential.

TEST the receivers and transmitters on your planes, before construction. I've gone as far as advising people to lightly tap the receivers and transmitters while moving the servos, to check for cold solder joints, loose crystals, etc.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 AM
djyox

I will invest in one. I do plan on getting more and more into park flyers. I have one other one at home, that is still in the kit. But for deployments, its just easier to use electric. And with brushless, it seems to be an alright alternitive to nitro/gas. But I really do want one of those big 100cc planes....