Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Problem with exceed reciever

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Problem with exceed reciever

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
MisterThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with exceed reciever

I bought a 2,4 ghz reciever/transmitter combo from exceed. And the Rx wont react to the radio. It sometimes wont even turn on, when I plug a bat into it. I tried to set it up, following the steps in the manual very closely, but it wouldn't start flashing as said in the manual. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
opjose

Default RE: Problem with exceed reciever

I received one of these with my Mig-29.

At first I had a similiar problem.

I bound it once or twice, and have had no problems since.

I'm convinced that this occurred because I tried to do the bind while at home, and that other 2.4gHz devices were preventing the receiver from discovering the transmitter.

At the field I had no such problems.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
MisterThomas

Ok what you mean with bind is what I ment with setup, I think. I tried, but according to the manual the Rx is supposed to blink then, but there wasn't any reaction. And I did as said in the manual: Plugged the connector with the black cable into Bat and plugged the batterie into any channel. I tried each and nothing changed.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
opjose

You "bind" the receiver with the transmitter. The receiver will only recognize one transmitter when this is done. It is said to be "bound" to the transmitter.

Once "bound" the receiver comes up looking for the that particular transmitter, and nothing else until you rebind it to another transmitter.

If the receiver is UNBOUND ( as it comes out of the box ) it has no signal to latch on to, and due to that no light.

The special "binding" connector is plugged into the battery receptacle on the receiver.
Plugging the binding connector into the battery receptacle puts the receiver into "bind" mode.

NORMALLY the receiver gets it's power from the ESC ( electronic motor speed controller ).

For normal operation You plug the ESC 's connector to the throttle channel, then turn on the transmitter and hook the LiPo battery to the ESC.

If you use this same technique to supply power to the receiver your motor may go nuts and run up to full power.

A better alternative is to hook up a standard 4.8v receiver battery to one of the other channels instead of hooking up the ESC and the LiPo pack.

The 4.8v battery supplies enough power to move the servos and power the receiver, but it will not turn the motor. The ESC can then remain disconnected from the LiPo pack.

Once the receiver is bound to the transmitter, you unhook everything and connect the receiver up to how it should be for normal flight... The binding plug/connector is saved and not used.

The ESC's connector goes into the THROTTLE channel.

This all is fairly confusing for people not used to working with RC circuitry and 2.4gHz radios.

As I mentioned I had an easier time binding the RX to the TX at my airfield.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
MisterThomas

Well ok, that's what I ment with set up. I just called it wrong. I tried to bind them as you said. It's the same way, that's described in the manual and I used a batterie and not the esc. If I put the binding-plug into bat and the batterie into another channel nothing will happen, no flashing lights, nothing... So I don't even come to the point, were the connection might fail.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:14 PM
opjose

Do the servos pulse at all when you first plug the battery into the receiver?

In other words do they very briefly and quickly move just a bit?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
MisterThomas

When I put the batterie in, no. When I put the esc in, sometimes. Or do you mean while binding? Because I never had servos plugged in while that.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
opjose

You should have a servo plugged into one of the other channels while binding.

I put a servo into the aileron channel, and the binding plug into the BAT channel.

Then I turned on the TX and plugged in the battery to the throttle channel.

If the receiver is seeing power, NORMALLY ( but not always ) you'll get a very brief movement of the servo when the battery is first connected.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
MisterThomas

I tried several combinations: I alway put the bindingcable into BAT and two servos into two channels and then I used the batterie as well as the esc (after each other^^) Nothing worked, no reaction.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
opjose

It sounds like it is time to PM John with your order number.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
MisterThomas

Did it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
nitrostaff1

ok replacement RX sent.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 PM
lovtofly

ORIGINAL: MisterThomas

I bought a 2,4 ghz reciever/transmitter combo from exceed. And the Rx wont react to the radio. It sometimes wont even turn on, when I plug a bat into it. I tried to set it up, following the steps in the manual very closely, but it wouldn't start flashing as said in the manual. Any ideas?
Mister Thomas did your replacement fix your problem ?iam having the same problem the lights on the RX did not flash at all. ?

thanks