Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

destroyed plane need np help with this!!!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

destroyed plane need np help with this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default destroyed plane need np help with this!!!

ok nitromodels.com maybe you can help me out here but its likely im just going to be very upset regardless..

i ordered an extra 260 from you folks about maybe a year ago, well shortly after i got it out of the box started to assemble the plane i had to deploy. so about 2 months ago i got around to finish putting it together. i put 4 flights on the thing which was powered by an os 46la with tower hobbies servos and a tower hobbies reciever.

i flew that plane for the first 3 times it was a great flying plane very impressed, the fourth was a disaster however.. the dam right wing game apart and the plane headed for the ground destroying the plane of course and my equipment that was in it, however the battery was salvagable.

NOW AFTER HEARING THIS IS THERE ANYTHING YOUR COMPANY CAN DO FOR ME, THIS WAS A BRAND NEW PLANE WASNT OVERPOWERED SO I KNOW THERE WASNT TO MUCH STRESS ON THE AIRFRAME TO MAKE THE WING COME APART. COUPLE OF THE MORE EXPERIENCED RC GUYS IN THE CLUB TOLD ME THAT THERE HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST SOME WOOD QUALITY WITH THE CHINA MADE PLANES AND THAT MY WING FAILURE COULD HAVE BEEN PREXISTING SINCE THEY SAW NO REASON FOR IT TO SNAP. AND WHEN I GOT IT OUT OF THE BOX I CHECKED IT OUT. WELL WHAT I COULD ANYWAY I WASNT ABOUT TO TAKE THE COVERING OFF THE WINGS TO SEE IF THE WOOD IS GLUED RIGHT WITH NO DEFFECTS BESIDES THE COVERING LOOKED GOOD I WOULDNT HAVE WANTED TO REMOVE IT JUST TO CHECK IT OUT THAT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF BUYING THAT PLANE ANYWAY.. I GOT IT FOR ITS GOOD LOOKS. BLUE WITH CHECKERED FLAGS...AWW MAN THAT WAS A SHARP PLANE. SO NITROMODELS.COM PLEASE TELL ME THAT THERES SOMETHING YOU CAN DO TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION AND MAKE IT RIGHT WITH ME. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IT WAS A PREXISTING ISSUE THAT WASNT ABLE TO BE FOUND BY MYSELF, SO IM NOT REALLY SURE HOW YOUR COMPANY COULD SALE A PLANE THAT WAS BROKEN.. AND IM SURE YOU PROBALLY DIDNT KNOW EITHER CONSIDERING IT WAS BOXED UP SITTING IN YOUR WHAREHOUSE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG.. REGARDLESS THE END RESULT IS IM OUT OF A GORGEOUS PLANE AND EQUIPMENT. PLEASE NITROMODELS.COM FIX THIS SO I CAN BE A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

I have purchased 2 other planes from you. the extra 330 and the fiberglass f-16, the .90 size extra 330 is a great flyer but it doesnt look like the extra 260 i bought from you, the f-16 well thats still sitting in the box until we figure something out here and discuss the end result for the extra 260.

this will also be posted in rc groups maybe i will get a quicker response.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30127.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1412522  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: destroyed plane need np help with this!!!

OK, mshay, I hope you get your problem solved. Please understand I'm not accussing you of anything,only trying to help you out. One hint, when you capitalize on a thread like this, it's percieved as shouting !! You get more bees with honey than vinegar. I think if you put yourself in the retailers shoes, the following is probably what will go through their mind as they read your thread. It is possible that maybe some bad wood caused the problem. It is possible the the wing was not fastened to the fus correctly. It it possible that maybe just maybe you did one too many snaps. It is possible that maybe the plane had a couple of hard landings that caused the problem in the wing. It is possible that it had 30 flights on it. Do you get what I'm saying? I've seen Nitro take care of a lot of problems that they probably didn't really have to. But ,I don't remember them doing very much when the customers attitude was unreasonable. Good Luck.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
mshay

i have no attitude, as far as im concerned using capitals is me trying to emphazise something or should i put an exclamation point behind every word.

the plane had no hard landings and was not flown extreme. loops, rolls, and knife edges is pretty much all this plane had thrown at it. like i said it had a 46la in it so theres things i wouldnt even attempt with such a weeek engine. but regardless if it was weak that simply doesnt explain how with 3 flights that went good the forth turned into disaster from the wing coming apart. and of course everything was in pieces so its kinda hard for me to look at the wing and say wow it was cracked there. the only thing i know is it came apart from what it looked like to me from the air is right in the middle of the wing. im hoping this can be made right i have a couple nitromodels.com planes and havent had any defects from shipping, no issues with the covering. none at all and would like to continue to purchase from them. but theres this thing of you just cant sale something thats defective and not have some kind of liability when the item like a wing is covered your not really going to go digging to see if everything is good to go. nobody does that it just wouldnt make sense to.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

All types and brands of planes fail from time to time. Double check your fittings and attachments. Just go buy another plane, it's a cheap airplane antway, not a $10,000 dollar Jet in which many guys are having trouble with them disintergrating in the air, read "Jet Legends". Sometimes expeience in construction can catch some manufacturer's shortcomings. 90% of ALL Arf's on the market need beefing up here and there...

You probably got a "bad one", with a weak point in the wing. Perhaps Nitro will help you out, maybe not. It's the "luck of the draw", perhaps you can pay 3 times more for another brand, and you may or may not experience the same issues.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:58 AM
outdoorhunting

My point,exactly!!! Ya get watcha pay for !!! These are ARFs ( almost ready to fly)!!! And cheap ones at that.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
mshay

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

All types and brands of planes fail from time to time. Double check your fittings and attachments. Just go buy another plane, it's a cheap airplane antway, not a $10,000 dollar Jet in which many guys are having trouble with them disintergrating in the air, read ''Jet Legends''. Sometimes expeience in construction can catch some manufacturer's shortcomings. 90% of ALL Arf's on the market need beefing up here and there...

You probably got a ''bad one'', with a weak point in the wing. Perhaps Nitro will help you out, maybe not. It's the ''luck of the draw'', perhaps you can pay 3 times more for another brand, and you may or may not experience the same issues.
double check.... sure who uncovers a wing to check to see if everything is good to go, like i said before nobody does that, regardless if its a 10,000 dollar jet or a 125 dollar plane, defective is defective. i could see how this could be my fault if i was doing some sort of high stress move or flying at 100 miles an hour, but it was brand new with 3 flights on it all of which were roughly 8 minute flights with no hard landings never dinged up while putting it into the car or transporting. i even had it put up out of the way while i was deployed so i know a mouse didnt get into the wing and chew it up.

yes your right i may have gotten a bad one.. so if i got a bad one nitro planes should really think about making this right with me, companies just cant sale something thats bad or broken and not expect that they should have no liability.

about 4 months ago my wife went to a furniture store to buy an end table, she got it home said she opened the box and the pieces that where on the bottom where broken.. 2 different pieces. now 2 things had me bothered about this #1 i was deployed and couldnt be there to help her out with the return. #2 the store she bought it from had a all sales final type of policy , and i knew this so i was pretty sure she was going to be out 100 bucks with a busted table. i told her to take it back, she did and told them the same thing im telling nitroplanes regardless of your policy a company just cant sale broken or defective stuff and say its our policy all sales final. look broken is broken. sure she could have opened the box and inspected the pieces before lugging it home but again same situation with the plane nobody does that. you just expect to be able to return something with no problems and the company say yes sir or ma'am your right. i dont have the "the customers always right mentallity" but whats broken or defective needs to be made right with the customer.. well the next day..had to wait for a response from the wife due to the time difference in afganistan, well she told me they didnt give her any problems and they agreed with us that regardless of there sales policy broken is broken and they didnt want there reputation to be hurt so they gave her a new one and even put it together for her. now i didnt expect that from them so i called them and told them thanks and that i expected it to turn out bad. they did a good job, i hope nitroplanes can do a good job, and well im still waiting to hear from them, i emailed them of course i would call but i would have to go spend about 10 bucks or more at a pay phone. STILL WAITING NITROPLANES.COM!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
mshay

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

My point,exactly!!! Ya get watcha pay for !!! These are ARFs ( almost ready to fly)!!! And cheap ones at that.

so what your saying is regardless if its a 125 dollar plane its crap, and all 125 dollar planes are crap. what i get what i pay for should be a plane thats not defective regardless if it cost 125 bucks or 500 and regardless if its made by nitroplanes or hangar 9. so what your saying is i should have went out and spent 500 bucks on something from hangar 9 or aeroworks because the quality is so much better and made by robots not humans right who get tired or lazy or disgruntled and feel like screwing up someones day right. give me a break as long as there are human hands putting these together there will always be someone who is careless at his job and in turn cost someone miles away alot of money and grief. that really bothers me.. im not some rich wealthy dude that can go out and buy a 1000 dollar "name brand" plane, im in the army not paid a whole lot have a wife and 2 kids so i go out and buy the lesser priced planes assuming that they are just as good. it really bothers me when someone says well you get watcha pay for.. well i aint rich like some folks.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Prop_Washer2

I have never indicated that "you get what you pay for", I buy the cheapest crap on the market. I can appreciate your financial status as far as replacement of the lost plane, but you need to ask yourself "what is the principle of the matter worth to you"..?? 1 hours worth of phone calls and e-mails, 6 hours worth, or a $2000.00 retainer to an attorney which will also get you nowhere. Do you have witnesses, will they sign an affidavit, on and on. Perhaps Nitro can help you. I have probably 8-10 of their 1.20 size planes new in box in my garage, along with 16 more brands from different companies as well, all new in box.

Your first e-mail that you posted you seemed pretty upset, with all the Caps and stuff, and yes when you spell words in Caps, it is considered "screaming" or in a "very loud voice"...
Most 12 year olds would get out of shape like that throwing a tantrum, but since you are deployed I assume you are an adult, at least as established by your current age. personally I don't care what your problem is if a person is in tantrum mode, whether they are 12 years old or 102 years old. Your wanting to put an "exclamation point after each word" does sound like a 12 year old, so that's probably what rubbed people the wrong way.

If this is the worst thing that happens to you in your life, consider yourself lucky. Nitro planes may help you out, if not don't get your blood pressure up and blow a gasket, that's all.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 PM
opjose

mshay, you know what they say about HONEY attracting insects much better?....

You may want to rephrase and edit your posts.... ( better yet just delete the thread and start over! )

Then also send a PM to John here ( nitrostaff1 ) explaining the problem in a calmer manner, and remembering as you type that ultimately because the plane has already flown, he is doing YOU a BIG favor if he does anything. Include your order number ( it starts with YSTxxx-xxx ).

See how he responds, and have some patience. He may not be around for many days so he may not see your post for a while.

I find that if you give him some time he'll bend over backwards to help out customers...

However he is subject to what he has on hand, so mention that you are amenable to other "fixes' if this plane cannot be replaced out right.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
mshay

im not really sure what propwasher means by attorney and all that sort of talk, i never stated i would get a lawyer nor did it ever cross my mind. and by the way i was deployed im now back but sceduled to go again in a couple months. and holy crap if people just want to critisize the way i type, wow thats unreal but this subject isnt about typing. i will wait on a response but would like to get it a response, its kinda hard for me to have a phone call since i would likely have to use a pay phone and cost who knows how much, i doubt they would accept a collect call.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Prop_Washer2

Good luck on getting some resolution to the loss...
Old 04-06-2010, 03:08 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: mshay

im not really sure what propwasher means by attorney and all that sort of talk, i never stated i would get a lawyer nor did it ever cross my mind. and by the way i was deployed im now back but sceduled to go again in a couple months. and holy crap if people just want to critisize the way i type, wow thats unreal but this subject isnt about typing. i will wait on a response but would like to get it a response, its kinda hard for me to have a phone call since i would likely have to use a pay phone and cost who knows how much, i doubt they would accept a collect call.
As I mentioned, try PM'ing him and include your order number.

He's pretty good about these things if you give him a chance and are a bit flexible...

Old 04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: mshay

As I mentioned, try PM'ing him and include your order number.

He's pretty good about these things if you give him a chance and are a bit flexible...

i did pm him and im also flexible so will just wait to see what happens i guess i will go to a pay phone in a bit with alot of quarters.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
opjose

Nah, don't try to call.

Give him a chance to respond via PM. This is much better than trying to call Nitroplanes and you get better results.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: opjose

Nah, don't try to call.

Give him a chance to respond via PM. This is much better than trying to call Nitroplanes and you get better results.

ok well i just called and after being on hold for about 15 minutes i hung up, didnt have a choice i ran out of quarters. so i hope i can get some kind of response.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:17 PM
PoppyDon

Mshay,

Thank you for your service to our country, I have a daughter in the Army, my prayers are with you guys all the time. The guys are right, John is a very considerate and hard working employee of NitroPlanes, he usually bends over backwards to make it right. Be patient if you IM'd him or posted a note to him, he will reply. Best of luck, keep your butt down and thanks again.

Happy Landings
PoppyDon
Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: PoppyDon

Mshay,

Thank you for your service to our country, I have a daughter in the Army, my prayers are with you guys all the time. The guys are right, John is a very considerate and hard working employee of NitroPlanes, he usually bends over backwards to make it right. Be patient if you IM'd him or posted a note to him, he will reply. Best of luck, keep your butt down and thanks again.

Happy Landings
PoppyDon

yes i pm'd him so just playing the waiting game. poppydon no need to thank me, just doing my job. the thanks goes out to all those who support us. so thank you
Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
SunnyFlyer09

Come on John, answer his PM
Old 04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
mshay

ORIGINAL: SunnyFlyer09

Come on John, answer his PM

i got a pm back from him, sent him one and now waiting on another follow up pm.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 AM
nitrostaff1

I'll take care of you via PM.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
mshay

moderator can you close this thread and make it go away?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
outdoorhunting

You don't get off that easy! Did John take care of the problem???