Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Problem with CMP .46 sized Edge 540t

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Problem with CMP .46 sized Edge 540t

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
alienteabagger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with CMP .46 sized Edge 540t

So I finally got the engine installed and got everything buttoned up for maiden. Once up in the air I noticed the plane had a tendency to slowly roll on its own requiring constant aileron correction. No matter how much I fiddled with the trims I could not get it to stay straight. Once on the ground, I gave it a thorough once over making sure everything was secure. It was at this point that I realized that BOTH wings rotate about a degree on the wingtube. Obviously this is causing the slow rotation during flight.

I wasnt expecting the best (Especially when mines came without a manual) but I at least was expecting a plane that could be flown without too much trouble. Can this even be fixed?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
opjose

Default RE: Problem with CMP .46 sized Edge 540t

It sounds like you forgot to put in a retention pin or screw.

There is no way that the wings should ever rotate on the tube, once they are properly set up.

In most ARF's like this you are supposed to drill a hole at the wing root faring, and insert a screw, and/or a Wood or CF "pin" to act as an "anti-rotation" point.

If I remember correctly your plane is no different.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
opjose

If you look in this image, you can see one of the screws at the wing root of the right hand wing.

This is the metalic cylindrical object within the fuselage.

The CMP planes use TWO per wing... one at the front and one at the rear.

The view of the one at the rear is obstructed by the fuselage former in the photo.

Even with only one in place, if it is properly secured, there should be NO rotation.

With two in place rotation is impossible.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
alienteabagger

I see... I had considered doing that but since the manual does not make any mention of it I haven't. Especially since this particualr plane has TWO wing tubes. I was under the impression that the smaller one was used to align the wing panels and act as an anti-rotation device. I'll try and get that done today Thanks!