Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC

Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 PM
hoogster36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC

Hello

After phoning, emailing and live chat with NP, I was referred here to solve my problem. I must say, thus far, that I am dissapointed with the customer service at NP. Hopefully they/someone can help me here.

I think I might have accidentally changed the programming on the ESC that comes with the plane in the title. This is the plane I am talking about:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a16-air...6-skygrey.html
I have searched on this forum and on the internet, but can't seem to find anything. I just need to know how to program the ESC back to the stock settings. NP hasn't been able to tell me what brand the ESC is and there are no labels/markings on it either. I would like to be able to re-program using my transmitter, but would be interested in using a card if possible. The card I was looking at is here: http://www.nitroplanes.com/exbrescprdef.html. I just don't know if that would be compatible with this ESC.

Anyways, hopefully someone has the answer I need. Thanks.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:59 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC

Do a search on Nitro Plane support. Find the PM for OPJOSE, he's the expert & can probably help. Good Luck !!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
opjose

I have that plane and I like it a lot.

I went with larger batteries than those provided, so I found it best to add about an ounce of weight on the two "arms" of the tail.

The plane flies and lands very well.

I'll check mine tonight or at worst tomorrow and let you know about the ESC... If I recall correctly I was able to use the Volcano ESC programming guides for the 40-60A ESC's. The beeps corresponded to that documentation.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
opjose

Found the correct programming guide...

Go here: [link=http://www.4shared.com/file/259094822/77326411/FMS_Alphajet_50A_ESC.html]Click me![/link]
Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 PM
hoogster36

Thanks for the info Opjose. It looks to be somewhat difficult, but I will see what I can do. Also, would that programming card that I have the link for in my first post work with this ESC?

I am just using the stock battery, but even found it too nose heavy with that. I have added some weight to the bottom of the tailcone and adjusted the linkages and now she flies great. I love this plane. How big of a battery are you using on it? Are you just using one with more MAH or are you using one with more cells?

Again, thanks for the info.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: hoogster36

Thanks for the info Opjose. It looks to be somewhat difficult, but I will see what I can do. Also, would that programming card that I have the link for in my first post work with this ESC?

I am just using the stock battery, but even found it too nose heavy with that. I have added some weight to the bottom of the tailcone and adjusted the linkages and now she flies great. I love this plane. How big of a battery are you using on it? Are you just using one with more MAH or are you using one with more cells?

Again, thanks for the info.

Yeah I also found it too nose heavy.

The two rearmost elevator root extensions are a great place to add weight to the tail. I think I have 2oz of tail weight on mine.

I am using a 2650mAh 20-30C 14.8v pack.... though really I need a 30C pack so I do not have to do as much throttle management.

I do not believe that programming card will work, but as long as you hook things up properly it is unlikely that trying it would ever hurt the ESC.

I've been surprized to find that quite often programming cards seem to be somewhat ( but not always ) interchangable between Chinese sourced ESC vendors.

Programming the ESC via Beeps is not difficult at all, particularly if you've done it before...

It can be confusing the first time you attempt it... I prefer instructions that provide a "grid" of beeps and results...

The translation leaves a lot to be desired... cough...