Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FAN MOTOR combo

HI all, ordered and recieved the F-18E maxjet kit version from Nitroplanes. Very fast delivery and quality product. I am very pleased with the fast service. My question is I have a 30amp speed controller/BEC, would the FAN MOTOR combo on nitroplanes home page (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and its the AEO-RC 64mm Ducted Fan Combo W/4500KV Brushless Motor price is $19.70)! Would this work with the 30amp Speed controller/Bec I will be using a 11.1 volt 3s 1500mah battery. If someone could help, It would be greatly appreicated!!

PoppyDon

RE: FAN MOTOR combo

Let's see...

11.1v ( actually works out to about 12v+ then it dies down to around 10v after a few seconds. )

The web site says that the motor will draw about 28A @ 12v and 24A @ 11v, so you are within the safety margin for that ESC.

Your problem will be to assure that you are running at LEAST a 25C battery pack.

A 20C pack is going to be somewhat pushed by this setup and may not supply enough power, and or swell....

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FAN MOTOR combo

Thanks opjose, I have Turnigy 1500mah and it says on the battery that they are 20-30C, I will go ahead and order the fan motor combo.
    Again thankls for your help.\

Happy LAndings
    PoppyDon