Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Airfield P-51 57" quick chat...

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Airfield P-51 57" quick chat...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
rascal35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield P-51 57" quick chat...

Just got my Shangri-la and it is amazing. Nitroplanes you nailed it again with a quality model, and awesome pricing.

1.Does anyone suggest a different connection when it comes to the single servo that operates two connector rods to the elevator. Seems that if those two rods become loose in that connection, you will be in trouble...recked. (I have never seen two rods connect like this before)

2.What is the servo cutout with a servo cover plate for? Its directly behind the guns. I see the other servo pocket for flaps if desired, but was curious as to the other one.

3.Impecable construction for a ARF with elec retracts, giant scale foam warbird. Damn worth what I paid for...plus that awesome socal shipping, I got this thing in 24 hours.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airfield P-51 57

The servoe cutouts should be the place the servos went of the version one mechanical retracts driven by servos .

The failure (if any ) on the elevators or that matter any control surface will be in the small cheap clevis , not really in the duel set up .
Its difficult to replace the clevis because the push rods are not standard size or even parkflyer size sold by Dubro .
So you want to use heat shrink tubeing on the clevis so if they fail the tubeing may give you some friction connection (enough to get you to the ground )

I agree on the quality and performance overall , they are great planes and have me rethinking my fule days are limited , these are just too easy and toooo much fun for warbirds