Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

FAN MOTOR combo

Old 08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
PoppyDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAN MOTOR combo

HI all, ordered and recieved the F-18E maxjet kit version from Nitroplanes. Very fast delivery and quality product. I am very pleased with the fast service. My question is I have a 30amp speed controller/BEC, would the FAN MOTOR combo on nitroplanes home page (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and its the AEO-RC 64mm Ducted Fan Combo W/4500KV Brushless Motor price is $19.70)! Would this work with the 30amp Speed controller/Bec I will be using a 11.1 volt 3s 1500mah battery. If someone could help, It would be greatly appreicated!!

PoppyDon
Old 09-01-2010, 11:47 AM
opjose

Default RE: FAN MOTOR combo

Let's see...

11.1v ( actually works out to about 12v+ then it dies down to around 10v after a few seconds. )

The web site says that the motor will draw about 28A @ 12v and 24A @ 11v, so you are within the safety margin for that ESC.

Your problem will be to assure that you are running at LEAST a 25C battery pack.

A 20C pack is going to be somewhat pushed by this setup and may not supply enough power, and or swell....

Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 PM
PoppyDon

Default RE: FAN MOTOR combo

Thanks opjose, I have Turnigy 1500mah and it says on the battery that they are 20-30C, I will go ahead and order the fan motor combo.
Again thankls for your help.\

Happy LAndings
PoppyDon