RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   Ready for more Ducted Fan RC Jet? SR-71, F-117, MORE F18, MORE POWERFUL A10 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/4895466-ready-more-ducted-fan-rc-jet-sr-71-f-117-more-f18-more-powerful-a10.html)

nitrostaff1 10-21-2006 12:59 AM

Ready for more Ducted Fan RC Jet? SR-71, F-117, MORE F18, MORE POWERFUL A10

1 Attachment(s)
Nitroplanes.com's F4E on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJazWGc1Pw <this video is awesome! #1 on Youtube under SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY

Coming in available end of Nov '08

SR-71 (Kit Version w/ RETRACTS, RTF w/ Retracts,
F-117 RTF
More F18s RTF! Different Styles
Twin 70mm F22 Jets HOT

More to come next year - Brushless A10 - SUPER QUALITY!

Balsa EDF Planes

Always remember, NitroPlanes.com is the only place for the best stuffs at the lowest price possible! We also offer excellent customer/product support on this forum.

Corsair 29 10-21-2006 08:08 PM

RE: ---===AIRPLANES COMING AND GOING===----

Great news. What is the wingspan on the B-25? Are you going to carry them in two versions like the P-38?

nitrostaff1 10-24-2006 11:34 AM

RE: ---===AIRPLANES COMING AND GOING===----

Hi, here's the spec for the B25

Wing Span: 71"
Wing Area: 778 sq in
Flying weight: 9.3lbs
fuselage length: 55 in
engine required: 4c 0.52
radio required: 5ch, 11 servos

and yes, we'll have the silver and camoflauge version just like the p38

Kmot 10-24-2006 12:17 PM

RE: ***UPDATED 10/24/06***NITROPLANES.COM LATEST NEWS***

Thanks for this "news thread". :)

Could you post larger pictures?

nitrostaff1 10-25-2006 11:55 AM

OK

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Thanks for this "news thread". :)

Could you post larger pictures?
i've uploaded some bigger pictures

Corsair 29 10-25-2006 11:58 AM

RE: ***UPDATED 10/25/06***NITROPLANES.COM LATEST NEWS***

Thanks for the photos, Will be looking forward on the release of the B-25;)

opjose 10-25-2006 01:21 PM

Damn, the significant other is going to KILL ME!

I see some new planes in my future.

Kmot 10-25-2006 03:53 PM

oooohhhhh!!! I like that silver B-25!! [sm=thumbup.gif]

SunShyne 10-27-2006 02:32 PM

RE: ***UPDATED 10/27/06***NITROPLANES.COM LATEST NEWS***

any idea on the price for the B25? Will it accept retracts?

LDM 11-06-2006 06:10 AM

Question, love the planes and the value you provide . Just wondering is there a market for the prop jet military market . It seems that the ceremark F16 did very very well and at over $300 its not cheap .Many of us in the prop jet forum like the looks of the Vmar F18 but lets just say we are not going in that direction based on past performance of there products and at $329 plus shipping there is so much better value out there .
So that being said can you look into some F18 , F14 cool prop jets in war bird theme vs team fly theme , thanks

EASYTIGER 11-06-2006 10:09 PM

Love the B-25!
Color suggestions for the Bobcat? PLAIN WHITE. And maybe plain yellow.
Not too many years ago, Hangar 9 made one of the really first premium ARFs, the Matt Chapman CAP 232. They found that many people were stripping them and re-covering them in their own schemes, so on the next batch, they made a bunch that were plain white, and found it sold even better than the original. People could paint it their own way. Costs YOU less, too!

rcuser002 11-08-2006 06:15 PM

I'm interested in the Zero. Can you give me an idea of when it will hit your shelves?

jiannliang 11-08-2006 07:20 PM

$249 for the B-25. They list it on web site already and accept pre-order now. It doesn't look like retracts ready. May need lots of works if want to have retract under that engine nacelle.

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

any idea on the price for the B25? Will it accept retracts?

nitrostaff1 11-09-2006 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Love the B-25!
Color suggestions for the Bobcat? PLAIN WHITE. And maybe plain yellow.
Not too many years ago, Hangar 9 made one of the really first premium ARFs, the Matt Chapman CAP 232. They found that many people were stripping them and re-covering them in their own schemes, so on the next batch, they made a bunch that were plain white, and found it sold even better than the original. People could paint it their own way. Costs YOU less, too!
Hi, thanks for your nice suggestion.... we already have plans to carry ARC planes next year...We'll see how it goes...

EASYTIGER 11-09-2006 07:46 AM

"ARC" would mean no covering at all. Limited audience for that type. But some people want it. A lot of people don't like covering, and it's very easy to strip off the covering anyway. But plain white covering, you can paint the way you want...

nitrostaff1 11-10-2006 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

"ARC" would mean no covering at all. Limited audience for that type. But some people want it. A lot of people don't like covering, and it's very easy to strip off the covering anyway. But plain white covering, you can paint the way you want...
OK, Got it! We'll start having some plain white models next year on the popular ones...

opjose 11-10-2006 11:02 PM

What a great idea!

Offer plain white colorschemes and even people who are not too experienced at covering can finish it off to make their own unique schemes.

Heck you could even sell more covering material too....

But I really dislike the stuff used on the Ultimate 40S.

Not because it looks bad, but because it does not release properly when you have to remove it.

More often than not it leaves part of the covering behind on the wood.

Can you see about using an alternative covering material?

Or fixing the adhesives so this doesn't happen?

Ultracoat and Monocoat come off very easily and apply very easily...

(one comes off far TOO easily and tends to peel off in flight, though I forgot which of the two does this, while the other one is perfect...)

nitrostaff1 11-10-2006 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: opjose

What a great idea!

Offer plain white colorschemes and even people who are not too experienced at covering can finish it off to make their own unique schemes.

Heck you could even sell more covering material too....

But I really dislike the stuff used on the Ultimate 40S.

Not because it looks bad, but because it does not release properly when you have to remove it.

More often than not it leaves part of the covering behind on the wood.

Can you see about using an alternative covering material?

Or fixing the adhesives so this doesn't happen?

Ultracoat and Monocoat come off very easily and apply very easily...

(one comes off far TOO easily and tends to peel off in flight, though I forgot which of the two does this, while the other one is perfect...)

Hi, I've discussed the covering issue with the mfg before and they have no plan to change the covering yet...first, those quality covering are hard to get (most of them have to be imported) and secondly, they cost far more expensive and I was told it would increase the cost of each airplane alot! However, that was the discussion early this year...hopefully we will come up with better covering next year as technology increases in this field... :D

geraldrc 11-21-2006 01:04 AM

RE: ***UPDATED 11/19/06***NITROPLANES.COM LATEST NEWS***

About the 18th of Sep. 2006, I ordered two planes paid for by debit card. On the 20th I received a Track Shipments email from FEDEX saying they were shipped and left at my door at 11:59. Being retired it was a day I was at home all day doing yard work. Nothing was left at my door, or at a locked front gate, and y dogg that always barks when someone comes, only barked at the Mailman approx. 12:15 of that day. At that time I did not see anybox of any kind at outside my locked front gate.
I telephoned 626 261-4960, as listed in your ad, three times that Friday afternoon and each time got an answering machine or service. Then sent an email none of which were ever answered nor were the calls reurned. My wife told me I was scamed that it sn't a real company.
The next week I finally was able to talk to a person, who looked the order up and then said after a long pause that FEDEX would have to be contacted.
I waited a few days then asked via email requesting status, at that time I was told to always request information by using the FEDEX tracking numbers. It also stated they were waiting for an answer from FEDEX and I was free to check with them. I answered asking what happened to the other tracking number as there were two boxes. The answer was FEDEX was to answer them on the 18th of this month.
Today is the 20th and nothing from Customer Service. A month or more and Nitro has my money, I bet FEDEX has been paid, and me, NOTHING.
I have been in RC modeling for 25+ years, used mailorder both in the states and overseas with complete satisfaction, until now.
Nitro has a big statement concerning Customer Service and we the customers are there number one priority with a promise to answer all emails etc. You sure couldn't prove that by my experience.
Why I have to provide the tracking numbrs when Nitro did the shipping, don't they keep any records?? Is it a company that when the product is out the door the warrenty is over?? How do you ever expect to get repeat business??
Gerald Nichols
San Diego CA

nitrostaff1 11-22-2006 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: geraldrc

About the 18th of Sep. 2006, I ordered two planes paid for by debit card. On the 20th I received a Track Shipments email from FEDEX saying they were shipped and left at my door at 11:59. Being retired it was a day I was at home all day doing yard work. Nothing was left at my door, or at a locked front gate, and y dogg that always barks when someone comes, only barked at the Mailman approx. 12:15 of that day. At that time I did not see anybox of any kind at outside my locked front gate.
I telephoned 626 261-4960, as listed in your ad, three times that Friday afternoon and each time got an answering machine or service. Then sent an email none of which were ever answered nor were the calls reurned. My wife told me I was scamed that it sn't a real company.
The next week I finally was able to talk to a person, who looked the order up and then said after a long pause that FEDEX would have to be contacted.
I waited a few days then asked via email requesting status, at that time I was told to always request information by using the FEDEX tracking numbers. It also stated they were waiting for an answer from FEDEX and I was free to check with them. I answered asking what happened to the other tracking number as there were two boxes. The answer was FEDEX was to answer them on the 18th of this month.
Today is the 20th and nothing from Customer Service. A month or more and Nitro has my money, I bet FEDEX has been paid, and me, NOTHING.
I have been in RC modeling for 25+ years, used mailorder both in the states and overseas with complete satisfaction, until now.
Nitro has a big statement concerning Customer Service and we the customers are there number one priority with a promise to answer all emails etc. You sure couldn't prove that by my experience.
Why I have to provide the tracking numbrs when Nitro did the shipping, don't they keep any records?? Is it a company that when the product is out the door the warrenty is over?? How do you ever expect to get repeat business??
Gerald Nichols
San Diego CA
Hi, we have been calling fedex for over 3 weeks and we feel your frustration too :(. Everytime we asked for the status of your case, they have been giving us a run around so we'd decided to just reship u the stuffs today and see how fedex gonna compensate us on the lost [:o] ... and in a few weeks we will sign a contract w/ UPS and they have promised better service than fedex :D ... anyway, one of guy will give you a call today so hang in there!

LDM 11-22-2006 06:08 PM

Trust me ,we ship over 120, ,mill , UPS is better !!!!:)

Bandit 11-27-2006 09:06 PM

Any news on the YAK 3D-52 coming in December?!?! December is NEAR and am seriously interested in one once they are available, waiting with CC in hand. :D

opjose 11-27-2006 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

Hi, I've discussed the covering issue with the mfg before and they have no plan to change the covering yet...first, those quality covering are hard to get (most of them have to be imported) and secondly, they cost far more expensive and I was told it would increase the cost of each airplane alot! However, that was the discussion early this year...hopefully we will come up with better covering next year as technology increases in this field... :D
Actually it's more of a problem with the adhesives used in the covering.

If the adhesive came off cleanly (at worst when slightly heated) it would make repairs far easier and IMHO give a better impression.

When people pull off the existing covering and have it fall apart in their hands due to the adhesive pulling too much they see this as not being so good.

Of course the problem is that you don't want the adhesive loosening when you don't want it to either.

If the formula for the adhesive could be changed it would probably go a long way to changing the perception about the covering.

For the record the covering on the Ultimate (Pink) 120R I ordered from you guys was impeccable. Not the slightest wrinkle and very well finished.

I just hope I can cleanly repair it should the need arise... which begs the question...

How CAN we get the covering for repairs when needed?

Any plans for getting more larger Ultimates?

I also see that you've been putting the manuals online, excellent!

Would you know if the GeeBee you sell can accept the Robart shocks which are sold for the Great Planes Gee Bee?

RICHARD BYRNE 12-03-2006 01:56 PM

Just finished the Nitro TM. Plan to fly soon using a RCV 120. I am sure along the way I am going to need covering for patches. Any way of obtaining covering used for the OEM TM? Recommended substitue??
Richard Byrne

Steve25 12-11-2006 05:15 PM

Hey Nitromodel guys,
Does nitromodels ships to Europe, if yes, what would it cost to ship me the FW-190 ?
If costs are resonable, I guess I'll buy one.

Best regards,

Steven