RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   Replacements Parts in general. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/9981379-replacements-parts-general.html)

Steam28 09-05-2010 05:58 AM

Replacements Parts in general.

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt">All,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt">Are you guys getting your replacement parts requests? </span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt">I don&rsquo;t see replies on the replacement parts request thread for most of the requests. Perhaps they are PMing you? I am concerned on buying big 3D planes from Nitroplanes and not being able to get parts. There listings for replacement parts are scarce at best. Ideally, they should have a replacement parts link for each plane and to know what parts will cost in advance. I know other sites (well known name brands for ARFs) are more expensive and better quality planes but at least you can get spare parts. Depending on replies, I may have to end up going to these brands as in the long run it would be much more expensive if you cannot get spare parts (you end up with a useless plane).</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt">Please keep replies constructive and thanks in advance for any replies.</span></div>

opjose 09-07-2010 12:32 PM

RE: Replacements Parts in general.

I look at it this way...

Given the price of the plane, more often than not I can either fabricate or fix most things myself and if not it's time for a new airframe.

Cowls, Canopies, Landing gear are all easy to repair or take care of once you learn how.

For most minor to medium frame repairs, I guage how much of my time it will take.... and use that to determine if it's worth the effort.

If it will take over six hours... it is time for a new airframe.

Some of the "big boys" sell a $140.00 airframe, then charge you $100.00 for a set of replacement wings.

Why bother? At that price I'll just buy a new plane and keep the old airframe for parts.

But to answer your question.

Most of the low cost ARF vendors are not supplied parts by the Asian factories, as this requires packaging and handling costs which those factories do not absorb.

Vendors such as Nitroplanes are forced to open a perfectly good plane, and take parts from it to fulfill requests for parts... ruining the previously sellable plane.

NP tends to do this for their customers... but the "fly in the ointment" is the availablity of plane shipments... which unfortunately are off due to the economy.

CMP for instance has reduced their shipping items only to a small handful of planes...

Tony / Andy have not been active on these forums for a while... you may want to try PM'ing them at RCDISCUSS.COM where they are more active.

jesses151 09-08-2010 05:18 AM

RE: Replacements Parts in general.

Hey,
I just found this out the other day. I have a Nitroplanes FMS 64mm F16 with the tiger paint scheme and if you go to Nitros web site it's out of stock and there is no link for ordering spare parts. So out of desparation I called and actually spoke to a real person (I know what a shock). Anyway this person said you have to use the search option on the site and type in (in my case) "64mm tiger spare parts" or something close to the description with spareparts in the searchand it will bring up everything you need. Sure enough when I tried it I was able to find exactly what I'd been looking for. Prior to this I did every possible search (yahoo/google)as well as a complete look over ofNitros web site and could never find my spare parts.
Hope this helps and good luck.
-Jesse