Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS 48 Surpass

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 02:23 PM
mornflt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 48 Surpass

Could you tell me the proper prop sizes for this engine and also the low and high rpm?
Old 10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS 48 Surpass

On our test stand, we usually run an APC 11 x 7 prop and expect to see about 10,000 RPM or slightly more. This is with Omega 15% two-stroke fuel.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
hepcat54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an FS 48 Surpass that I bought new (a long time ago). It has very little flying time on it and has been in storage for many years. I test ran it and it runs nicely on the ground. Today I flew it on a Sig Rascal and found that the engine will lean out during flight maneuvers and then run rich and then quit. Any ideas? If it is an easy fix, I can do the repairs myself, otherwise will it be cost effective to send it in for repair. Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your engine may be set too lean, the tank may be too large, the tank may be too low, you may have too much propeller, the tank may be too far from the engine, and so on.  If you hold the airplane nose-up and it goes lean, it's not an engine problem, but something in the entire combination of airframe/tank/engine installation.