Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS120 Surpass III Question

Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM
CAPT John
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS120 Surpass III Question

Bax,
I am having problems with my FS1200 Surpass III engine and could use your sage advice. The engine is well broken in and had been a real trooper until this season. I now cannot get it tuned to reach a reasonable, steady RPM. I am having to run it leaned to about 1 turn out from closed on the hi speed needle and it surges while running at all throttle settings. I also have notice fuel spraying out of the carb. I've replaced the glow plug with a new Type F and reset the low end to the factory 2.5 turns from closed with no improvement. I'm thinking I may have a carb regulator problem. Is there any other troubleshooting you recommend to identify the problem?
Thanks,
John
Old 08-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS120 Surpass III Question

It could be the regulator, but we'd need to see the engine to be sure. Try running several tanks' worth of fuel through the engine first. Older versions would have the diaphragm stiffen after not being used for a while. It would take severa tanks' worth of fuel to get them working properly again. Just run the engine at full throttle with some changes now and again.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:14 AM
CAPT John
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS120 Surpass III Question

Thanks Bax.