Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Os ggt 15

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 03:05 PM
bklambdin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os ggt 15

I've have the engine running etc... but it's not very reliably.
It's hard to start and seems to load up and choke.
I have read on tuning but still can't get it perfect.
For example, I fly 3D stuff, tail dragging and prop hanging a few feet from the ground etc...
Problem is it may take fuel and spool up or it might choke a few seconds then speed up or it could die.
I'm running a 15x6 APC prop. Thought about going to a 16x4 wide, allow spool up real quick and idle the engine up more without pulling the plane to where it won't land. Or even a 18x6 wide. Something like that.
Any ideas?
This is a new engine with only 4 tanks of fuel in it and may break in and be perfect.
I've had a lot of engines in the past, and OS just can't be beat as of now, but this smaller gas engine is making me rethink that.
I've switched everything over to gas, except for two Raptor 50 heli's, and I'm wanting to convert them to gas or maybe electric.
The field we fly in is not good for anything over a 20CC gas, it's grass and kinda small for anything like a 50CC.
I'm thinking about a NGH 9CC gas for a trainer I use to get new pilots into flying, wish OS had something smaller and more reliable.
My DLE's are perfect engines except to large for my favorite plane a MoJo 60.
The OS 15 is perfect and has unlimited vertical.
Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 05-16-2020, 07:17 AM
bhorton
My Feedback: (26)

I have one of these engines and I like it. It has never quit in the air. It has been hard to start at times and sometimes it has to warm up some before it will rev up. Without seeing your engine run in person I would think you may need to lean it out a little, maybe lean the idle side a little at a time. I couldn't get mine to run well by following the instructions to set the needle valves. Mine is in a Great Planes Revolver 70 and I think I am running a 16x6 APC prop.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:04 PM
bklambdin

It will swing a 16x6 as good as a OS FS120. You will like it.
I've messed with the needle and thinking I might need to lean the bottom side a bit.
Seems one or two click on the big needle is to much either way.
I guess it still needs breakin