Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .21 TM Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
akadi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .21 TM Engine

Hi guys,

This is my first post here. I hope yo guys can help me out on this.

I just purchased an OS .21 TM to replace my late TRX 3.3 in my 5309 REVO. I will run it with the supplied revo manifold and the stock resonator pipe. I will also install an ST racing 3 shoe aluminum clutch, and will run 16/36 gears. I have a stock of traxxas 3232x plugs which I will use. I also use byron 20% RTR gen 2 fuel.

I have the following questions:

1)what is the best way to break in this engine? The manual suggest 30 degree s lean turn every tank. I read else where to heat cycle it. Which is better? if its heat cycling, which is the best heat cycling method?

Currently the temps are in the 70s during the day.

2) Shall I seal the backplate and carb neck before running it?

3) From your experience, is there anything that I need to know about this engine? what to look out for? what not to do? etc..

Looking forward for your replies...

Thank you
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS .21 TM Engine

You just follow the instructions provided by O.S. Basically, you drive the car, running it up and down at various throttle settings, and gradually work the high-speed needle towards the peak setting. O.S. DOES know about how to run the engine and get it properly broken-in.

You don't need to do anything else to the engine. If they are properly-installed, the components will be properly sealed. It's when people mess things up that they need to add things to cover the mistakes.