Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FS 70 Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM
jonash37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS 70 Ultimate

I got a os fs 70 ultimate used and it does run, when try and tune the engine with theglow igniteroff it will go from idle to wot no problem. after it reaches wot it has great power but after 5 seconds it starts to slow and then dies like its not getting any fuel. I have readjusted the hi speed and idle mixtures with no luck. If i leave the glow igniter on it stays running and has no problems. I have tried 3 new os f glow plugs. Also is it worth putting more money into this engine for a new regulator and/or pump?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM
jonash37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS FS 70 Ultimate

Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the ABN version with a ringless piston, it may be worn out so when it gets hot the engine looses compression. If the cold compression is very good, mabe try to richen the HSN a bit so it doesn't sag.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Without seeing the engine run, it's difficult to diagnose. However, proper setting would be by tach. O.S. pumped engines should be leaned to peak RPM and LEFT THERE! You don't lean to pean and then richen. You need a tach to get it properly set. If it keeps damaging glow plugs, then it's likely the engine is a bit lean and detonating. If the engine just won't take a setting, then it may need to be looked at.