Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS 55AX Noisy

When flying aroud half to quarter throttle i get a noise that sounds like lots of knocks. Some guys say it sounds as if it detonating but the noise is normal. from another post i read was wondering if the same applied http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9831530

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS 55AX Noisy

The LA-series of engines do not have crankshafts supported by ball bearings. The AX-series of engines, do. You cannot get noise from the same source. The crank of an AX-series engine should not move around. If it does, then the bearings could be bad. Usually, though, in mid-to-low throttle settings, you get additional exhaust noise caused by unburned fuel exiting the engine and burning in the exhaust port and/or muffler. It will vary, depending upon the exhaust system, fuel used, and propeller. It's common on larger engines, but not unheard of with engines as small as the .55.
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com