Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 95 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 PM
BChris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 95 Help

I have an OS 95 with about 2 gallons of fuel thru it and am having running issues. It is mounted inverted in a UCANDO. For the first 2 gallons it ran great and now it will not start at idle. The only way I can get it to run is to start it at half throttle and leave the ignitor on it. As soon as I take the ignitor off the engines dies. I flushed fuel thru the carb and it did not help. I pulled the carb apart and blew air thru everything thinking that some trash had gotten into it, reassembled, but it did not help. Removed the tank and replaced it and all of the fuel lines but it also did not help. I checked the valve clearances and they look good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
Old 08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS 95 Help

I had a similar problem with a 95AX 2-Stroke. Is it possible that the LSN has been readjusted? The reason that I ask is that I found that my LSN was very rich (don't know why). I changed the A8 plug to an A3 and kept leaning the LSN about 1/4 turn at a time. I finally got a good idle. I was surprised at how lean I finallyl made that LSN. But like you, the engine would not idle for more than 1-2 seconds after removing the glow igniter until I finally made the adjustments.

Is it possible that your LSN has somehow been set rich?

Bob
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 95 Help

When a perfectly-good-running engine starts acting up, you need to carefully go through it and the fuel system. Since it quits when you remove the glow ignitor, we'd suspect a bad glowplug. The first thing you need to do is replace the plug. Then re-check the mixture settings of the engine. You may need to lean the idle, richen it, whatever gets the job done. However, please realize that you will not be able to get a good idle setting until the high-speed needle is properly set for full-throttle running. Once it's set, you can retard the throttle and get the idle mixture and RPM set up.