Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS TWIN FT 120 GEMINI CAM SETTINGS

I RECENTLY TOOK APART A FT 120 TWIN GEMINI AND CLEANED IT IN A JEWLERY HOT TANK CAME OUT VERY NICE LOOKS NEW I DID PUT IT BACK TOGEATHER AFTER CLEANING THE CAM PUSH RODS AND TAPPETS I LINED UP THE THREE TIMMING MARKS ON THE CRANK AND CAM BUT IM NOT SURE IF I NEED TO SET THE TIMING MARKS AT TOP DEAD CENTER AND IF SO WHICH PISTON SHOULD BE UP I ALSO NEED TO GET A THROTLE ARM AND THE CLEARANCE SETTINGS FOR THE ROCKERS CAN YOU HELP ME ON THIS?

THANKS RICK NUNES

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS TWIN FT 120 GEMINI CAM SETTINGS

When you install the crankshaft and the camshaft, you line up the two timing marks on the gears so that they are together in the middle in a straight line between the centers of both shafts. This will line them up correctly.

To set the tappet clearance, you rotate the engine so that one valve is fully-depressed, and you set the other one. Then, rotate the engine to depress the other valve, and set the one that's not depressed.

You use two feeler gauges to set the clearance: 0.04 mm and 0.1 mm. The thin one will fit and the thick one will not. You can get the tools and feelers from your favorite hobby retailer:

OSMG6334 72200060 GAUGES TOOLS 4-STROKE US$11.99
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com