Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 65AX Cover Plate Gasket ???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM
SportsFans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 65AX Cover Plate Gasket ???????

Hey folks, tore down my 65AX due to needing a set of new bearings. Also at this time I am told that you should replace the rear gasket. Part no. listed at tower 27414020 (Cover Gasket for the O.S. 75AX) I guess the 75 and the 65 share the....NOT! [:@] way to big. I've ordered 2 from the LHS both too large, tried to force it in but, it work itself out. Called OS support (Hobbico) three times, each time they mailed out a gasket. The first time they mailed the same part after I explained my problem, part no. 27414020. The 2nd time, again I explained my problem and the gentleman stated he would test fit for the right part an mail out the correct part. He also stated that it must be a misprint.....gasket never recieved Fedex lost it[:@] ? Third time, same same same.....recieved the original wrong part 27414020. The only thing I can think of is It must be orgiinal run of the engine and the part has changed?? Engines been apart for over a month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Steve
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 65AX Cover Plate Gasket ???????

We'll have the Product Support staff check the parts listing. According to the engine manual, the rear cover o-ring for the O.S. Max .65 AX is:

OSMG7365 24625125 O-RING E3070 46AX US$4.49

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.

Here's the link to the manual:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/osm/65ax-manual.pdf
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
SportsFans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 65AX Cover Plate Gasket ???????

Hey thanks BAX, didn't even think to check the manual, it does list a different part no.. Wow I think we got a winner, I'll get it ordered. Nice engine that 65AX, Also damn nice guy's over at Product Support, we all were looking at incorrect part no. listed. Well I have 4 of these incorrect O rings looks like I have to buy a 75AX. Thanks again BAX I'll let you know how things turn out.

Steve