Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 48 4s question....

Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
eduk8r
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 48 4s question....

Hello, RCU!

After a time away from the hobby, I'm now able to return. Just recently acquired a NIB OS 48 4s via Ebay. The deal was sweet, but it came without header or muffler. Internet research tells me that the OS 40/48 4s assemblies will fit, but I am having no luck locating anything but the short header pipe threaded on both ends. Are there other brands that will suffice? Is there anything available that is just a straight pipe threaded only on one end?

Any links or other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have posted a WTB on this site, which in the past has yielded success in locating hard to find items.

As always, RCU rocks!

Tony
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS 48 4s question....

Would a Flex Pipe do what you want? I did a search for OS FS40 on Tower Hobbies and came up with a few....

Just my $.02

Bob
Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No straight pipe, just the one that's threaded to go into the head and threaded for the muffler. There are also flex pipes available. They can be found on our OS site:

http://www.osengines.com/accessories...pes/index.html
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
eduk8r
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. The flex pipe option is too pricey for a non-cowled application. I have found photos of the OS .40 4s, and it has a header pipe that is flared on the cylinder head end with a locking nut through which the pipe passes. That would be ideal. The irony is that I once had a broken OS .40 parts engine that had that very same arrangement. Oh, well.

Thanks again!

Tony