Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

help with OS FX 1.60

A friend of mine,who has limited internet access, has a OS FX 1.60 who says the only way to keep it running, in the air, is to keep it sloppy rich.Anyone know the proper procedue to straighten this carb prob out?

Thx,Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: help with OS FX 1.60

I'm betting the carb isn't the problem.

Have him check the needle valve assembly to make sure it's tight. If it's loose air can leak into the nipple/collar, which would explain why he has to set the needle so rich.
    McDDD
    ProBro 415

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: help with OS FX 1.60

First off, your friend needs to check the fuel system to make sure the engine is drawing fuel. If the high-speed needle must be set very far open for the engine to run, then it's just not getting fuel delivered to the engine. Check to be sure that the fuel system has large-enough diameter fuel line so that fuel flow is not impeded. Dirt/trash in the needle valve/needle seat area is very common. Plastic fuzz from the fuel tank is a very common obstruction.

Please make sure that the muffler provides sufficient pressure to the engine. Many aftermarket exhaust systems just do not provide enough pressure to the tank to push the fuel to the engine well enough.

Finally, what RPM is the engine being run at? A too-low full-throttle RPM will cause low suction at the carburetor. That means that a too-large prop is being used. A target RPM would be around 8,000 at full throttle when leaned to peak.
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com